Chapter 27

Aurora opened her eyes and she was at a loss for words, she was sleeping and Caspian was next to her in bed.

She sat up and that woke Caspian awake,

"Forgive me My Lord I have to go home."

Aurora felt disoriented as she said the words,

"It is very late, you can leave tomorrow it is not safe for you to return now."

Aurora nodded as she could see he had a point, she thought about going to sleep on the couch as sleeping next to him was indecent.

Caspian lay back down, "Don't overthink it Aurora, lay back down and I won't touch you I promise."

Aurora lay back down cautiously and Caspian covered them both with his blankets, they were very warm.

This was a million times better than what she was used to, the bed was soft from goose feathers and you sink into it comfortably not the one she had at her place, cold and hard.

The blankets were soft from fur and Aurora could not believe the amount of comfort she was in, she curled up instinctively.

"Enjoying my bed?" Caspian asked her.

Aurora felt color climbing her cheeks, "It's very different to what I am used to My Lord."

Caspian touched her face softly, "I knew you would be blushing from those few words." He withdrew his hand.

"You seem tired so why insist on carrying on when you don't have the energy nor the strength?"

"It is my duty My Lord, one that I can't afford to slack off as there are a million others waiting to take my place."

"I see, just like you took the other maid's position."

"Yes Constance My Lord, but I am only filling in until she gets better then I will resume the normal duties that I once had."

"What a pity, I wanted you to stay forever."

When Caspian had said that out of the blue, they both were quiet, Caspian could not believe he had said that and Aurora didn't know if he meant it or was he just cajoling her feelings.

There was no need for her to overanalyze this as she knew what type of person Caspian was,

"I'm tired I am going to rest My Lord."

"Goodnight Aurora."

The minute Aurora closed her eyes it didn't take much for her breathing to be deeper and she was asleep.

Caspian was surprised she could fall asleep so quickly even after she had just woken up, she must be very exhausted.

Her hair had fallen down into a braid and there were wisps of red hair that had become free, her hair was a huge contrast to her face.

She looked peaceful and very innocent, he brushed some strands of hair from her face, and he turned back.

He closed his eyes and could not help thinking of having her, he had never lain with a woman and not done anything.

This was new to him and very hard to carry out.

Aurora rolled over in her sleep and she ended up on his chest and she was snuggling closer. Caspian wondered why she was torturing him so much.

He put his hand lightly on her small back and she snuggled closer.

The night was long for Caspian and he finally fell asleep with Aurora in his arms.

When Caspian woke up, he knew it was late and he sat up, the room was clean and Aurora was nowhere in sight.

This means she had left after cleaning his chambers and must have done so silently if he did not hear her.