Chapter 30

Caspian wrung out a cloth and placed it on Aurora's forehead, there was a knock on the door and he wondered who would dare bother him.

"Come in."

The door opened and it was Nadia,

"I did not expect you, My Lady."

"You seem tired, and I feel forgotten and neglected."

"Not all seem to be what it is My Lady, as you know I am going on a hunting trip with your father so we can negotiate the date of our marriage."

Nadia smiled, "Well then I am pleased."

Caspian smiled, "So am I."

"What happened to her?"

"She got shot by an arrow during the hunting trip that we had gone to practice."

"Is there no physician to look after her, must you do it yourself."

"She did it to save my life, I would not be here if it weren't for her. I don't mind caring for her."

"She is your maid, technically her life does belong to you. So she did not do anything out of the ordinary."

Caspian knew that Nadia had a point but when Aurora had been shot he felt a part of him was also shot.

The thought of her being dead made him cold all over and he had to get her help. The night with the moon seemed as if it was light years ago.

"Very much so, but I want to be a king compassionate to his subjects."

"You can be compassionate to your subjects by getting her a physician, you shouldn't be burdening yourself like this sire."

"Thank you for your concern Nadia, it is refreshing at times like these but I am alright with doing this."

Nadia nodded, "You seem like you are in need of fresh air would you like to take a walk sire?"

Caspian did not want to leave Aurora but his future bride was more important, "Sure a breath of fresh air and your company would be much appreciated."

Nadia was pleased with his answer as they went out and took a walk down the trees. It was comforting and much of what Nadia said was a blur to him.

"My Lord!" one of the guards was huffing and puffing when they got to him,

"You may speak."

"Aurora is awake and is planning on leaving even though her injuries haven't healed and her body is very weak."

Caspian went with the guard as he ran back to the castle and when they got to his room he could see Aurora insisting she go home to rest.

"You can't leave yet Aurora."

Aurora seemed to be surprised to see him but she was also looking too weak,

"I feel fine My Lord, I do not want to be a burden to you any longer."

"Aurora you haven't healed, stop being stubborn and that's an order."

He saw that she contemplated his words but her eyes shut as she seemed to be lightheaded, he sat on the bed and leaned her head on his chest as he held her.

Nadia came in, "Is everything okay?" she asked Caspian.

"I'm afraid we will have to reschedule Nadia, I need to take care of her."

Nadia nodded stiffly, "You do what you need to do, I will let myself out."

"One of the guards will accompany you and I offer my sincerest apologies that I can't do it myself."