chapter fifty

Carlos S.

After I had parked my car in front of the 1 I jumped out of the car and pulled my helmet and balaclava of my head, desperate for some fresh air. Directly in front of my car I saw them, my whole team, my dad, and her.

"You did it, I'm so so proud." Antonia mumbled whilst I grinned at her before I smashed my lips on hers, pulling her as close as the barrier allowed it.

"The car was amazing today, thanks to all your work." I returned and kissed her again.

She just smiled at me with such a warm and love-filled smile that all my doubts were washed away, she would always love and support me, how could I have thought different.

"Vamos!" "Great job!" my mechanics welcomed me and patted my shoulder as I walked along them.

Then, at the other end I reached my father, who held Luca, who was sitting on the barrier.

"Papa, you were amazing!" the kid giggled and I hugged him before I kissed his cheek.

"With you as my lucky charm." I said and Luca smiled proudly whilst I hugged my dad, who also congratulated me.

"Uncle Lando!" my son suddenly giggled and stretched his arms out, to the Brit, who came second and was now walking over to us.

"Hello buddy, have you watched me race?" Lando asked the kid and gave him a fist bump.

"Yeah, you and papa were in the fast cars." he returned and laughed, my dad slightly widening his eyes at these words as he was still not used to Luca calling me his papa.

Sadly Lando and I were called over to the interviews so we said good bye and did what needed to be done. Luckily the rest of the procedures was quickly over and also the media things afterwards, so I was back in the garage after an hour.

"You wanna say good bye to Carlos before we leave?" I heard my father say and then saw Luca running over.

"Bye papa, see you in a few days, I love you." he laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist in order to hug me.

"Good bye my love, have fun with grandpa, yeah? And be nice okay, he's not that fast so take it easy my boy."

"Yeah, yeah I will." he giggled and I looked over to my father, who just had to smile at these words.

"But before you go I wanna show you something." I then whispered to Luca, as I was sure that Antonia wasn't anywhere near.

"What is it? Is it a secret?"

"Yes it is, so follow me." I returned mysteriously and guided the kid to my drivers room.

Then I carefully pulled the little red box out of my bag and walked over to Luca, who had taken a seat on the tiny sofa.

"What is it?" he asked curiously and tried to peak at the thing in my hands.

Slowly I set down next to him and breathed deeply, before I continued.

"I wanna ask your mother to marry me." I said it straight out, as talking around it would only make me more nervous.

"Like marry marry her? With the big party and the white dress and the rings and all that?" Luca asked and his eyes grew wide.