chapter twelve

Carlos S.

She really had my little red car and carried it everywhere, I still thought as I took some of my food and shoved it into my mouth. It was just a light salad, as tomorrow was still the race, but it was really good and I wondered how Antonia had found this little restaurant here.

Speaking of her, she looked stunning and together with Luca it was a perfect picture of the power mother-son-couple. I had never seen her in a dress before and it really robbed my breath for a second, or maybe longer.

The dress had longs sleeves and wasn't to revealing so not much skin was shown but it looked beautiful. Not that her work cloths were boring or ugly but this was just breath taking.

"Carlo, you want some pizza?" the little boy on my right asked and I giggled as he held some of his food towards me.

"Honey, he has a race tomorrow, he can't eat that." Antonia was answering faster then me.

"That's true buddy, I need to be as light as possible, otherwise your mother here would be mad at me for not winning." I added and quickly winked towards her.

For a moment I could see her cheeks turning slightly red but she quickly took her napkin and pretended to clean her mouth as the blush was hidden.

"You are going to win tomorrow?" Luca asked excited and totally forget about his pizza.

"I'll try, I always do, but I am starting second tomorrow so everything is possible."

It was really a good position and I was glad that Ocon had a little incident in Q3 which ruined a couple of good laps, Verstappens and Hamilton's for example.

"I want you to win, I wanna see Mama happy."

"Hey, I am always happy about a good race, no matter if we win." Antonia defended herself and gestured Luca, that he should finish his pizza.

"I will try my best for you to make it happen." I said to her while Luca was focusing on his food.

Sometimes I wondered myself where this flirting came from, after all she was still my boss and I had a girlfriend, but I couldn't help and tease her a bit. Luca and she were really nice and I liked spending time with them, on track or here in this little restaurant.

It didn't feel like work, it seemed like a family dinner from the outside and even I get a little feeling of that, which shocked me in a way, cause I never had the need of feeling that. Having dinner with a beautiful woman AND a child.

Seeing Luca in the paddock and laughing with him was one thing but having dinner with him was a completely different thing and it surprised me, how my body and mind responded to that.

"Have you ever been in Baku before?" I asked after a couple of minutes were Antonia and I were just looking at each other while Luca was finishing his food.

A little shy smile appeared on her lips as she shook her head to free herself from my look, she looked stunning even doing these little things.

"No, never. You have I guess, quite often I would assume."

"Yes right, I think it's the sixth or seventh time here. I was just wondering how this is your first time here and you already found the best restaurant."

She giggled and that's something I had noticed the whole evening. At first she was really tensed and tried not to let her mind free and the longer we were sitting here, chatting she got more and more relaxed and free.

"I just googled it."

"You just googled? No way." I said and we started laughing.

"Yeah I am also just a human, I google things." she defended herself, "Don't you google things?"