chapter fourty

Antonia W.

I was nervous. Today was the day I would finally met Carlos's parents, officially as his girlfriend. Or well, only his mother as his dad was still away for some sponsor work, he would arrive tomorrow.

Luca was sitting in the taxi right next to me and though he had be tried on the plane, he was now more than excited, looking over all the buildings and landscapes of Madrid. We would soon arrive at Carlos's parents house, where he always stayed during his time here.

The closer we got the more nervous I got. From what Carlos had told me, his mother was very excited meeting me and Luca, his father was also happy for us but didn't really appreciate the fact that his son was dating his boss.

Somehow I understood that but for me this was also very unusual and it definitively wasn't planned at all. But we would see how this would turn out, it was a worry and problem of my tomorrow-self.

"Is that Carlo's house?" my son asked as we jumped out of the car.

"No, it's his parents one, but we will stay here with him and his parents while we are here."

"That's so cool." Luca laughed and quickly ran over to the door, whilst I took our suitcases.

After he had rang the bell, an older woman opened the door, Carlos mother.

"Oh hello, welcome here in Spain, I am Reyes, it's so nice to finally me you." she greeted us and hugged me.

"Hi, I am Antonia, but you can call me Toni." I returned and stepped inside, "It's so beautiful here."

Reyes agreed before she knelt down to Luca.

"And hello little man, I already heard a lot about you."

"Hallo, I am Luca. Thank you for letting us stay in your house."

I had to smile at his words as he was really cute, like always.

"I am Reyes, and of course I let you stay here. You're a cute little boy." she said and brushed through Luca's hair, "Do you wanna see the house, your room?"

Beaming my son nodded his head and Reyes and I laughed as my son and I put our jackets and shoes away. Together we walked into the big and very open light filled living room. The moment Reyes wanted to say, a person came around the corner.

"Sorry, I had an important call, who wa" Carlos stopped as he saw us.

Immediately his eyes widened and he ran over, taking me in a tight hug.

"I thought you would arrive only in an hour." he said surprised as he put his hands on my face.

"Plane landed early." I winked at him before he pressed his lips against mine.

"God, I missed you guys so much." he mumbled into the kiss, before he detached himself to grab Luca.

"We saw you last week." the kid giggled in Carlos's arms, as the Spaniard pressed a kiss in his hair.

"That's right my boy, but I wanna be with you two every minute so for me it seems like a very long time."

"I also wanna be with you every minute." Luca returned and buried his head in Carlos's neck.