chapter eighteen

Antonia W.

He really had won today and I was as excited as Luca, who was now sitting on the barrier in font of me as we were waiting for Carlos car to roll in front of the big 1. Checo had became fourth but still it was our best result as a team.

Not a minute later the Audi parked in front of us and Carlos jumped out, looking around. As soon as he saw us he pulled his helmet down and ran over to us. He hugged Luca and me full of joy and adrenaline.

"That one was for you, I freaking love you guys." he said and I was to happy to realized what words head just left his mouth.

Suddenly all the mechanics came over and around us and they also congratulated Carlos on his first win for Audi. He winked at Luca and showed him the sticker before he was called over for the interview.

After that the podium ceremony started and after the Spanish anthem there was the German one, followed by the trophies and the champagne.

"Carlo is the best!" Luca shouted and clapped his hands.

Happily I looked at him before looking up again to the podium where I immediately met Carlos eyes. He smiled at me and winked before he left the podium. I got back to the garage because there were still a couple things to do, before the party would start tonight.

On the way back to the hotel after another two hours I finally had time to talk to Sebastian as it was pretty stressful before and we didn't get a moment alone.

"Is it okay if you watch Luca tonight?" I asked him while our son was running in front of us.

"Why, last time we could also manage a babysitter." he said, still ice cold in his voice.

"But Carlos will be at the party."

"Why Carlos? Last time he was with Ricky." he returned and my heart stopped for a moment as I remembered that he didn't know the truth about that.

"But you said Carlos shouldn't be close to our son and also Ricky would be there too." I tried to explain it, hoping that he wouldn't notice my lie.

"Fine, I will stay at the hotel with him. But only because I am not really in the mood and celebrating the win of this asshole is nothing that I would like to do right now."

I hurt me how he was speaking of my driver but I decided to not say anything as I was scared that he would touch me again, like holding me tight at the garage. It kinda brought back memories of our time in Germany.

"Don't you think this looks a bit cheep on you?" Sebastian said as I stepped out of the bathroom a little later.

"It's a club and not some fancy dinner so this dress is perfect." I returned but didn't look at him.

I wasn't dressing like that for him so there was no need for him to like it. Deep down I was hoping that Carlos would like it, because the way he had looked at me back in Baku in my dress there, it had given me all kinds of new feelings, good feelings.

"Okay honey, have a nice birthday evening with your father." I said to Luca and gave him a kiss on the hairline.

"Say hi to Carlo from me." he giggled in return and I smiled while Sebastian just rolled his eyes.