chapter fifteen

Carlos S.

It was my home race this weekend, here in Spain and normally I would be very happy about it. Considering what had happened in Baku, our little dinner and the cuddles on Sunday, considering all that I would have been very happy.

But it was now the third race weekend that Sebastian was here, Antonias ex and Luca's father. Since he had taken the first step into the paddock Antonia was different and we hadn't had any moments like before.

I knew of course that there had been some kind of story because normally he had taken the position as the team principal but then her father gave her the position and they broke up, but the media and therefore I didn't have any more information about it.

In Monaco though, last week, she called me into her office and after the usual race talk she slowly let her walls down again, that had been up all day and all race weekends before. But the moment I had stepped closer, put my hand on her arm, Sebastian opened the door and I shrugged back immediately.

The second place in today's race also couldn't make me really happy. I didn't even had time to fully celebrate with her or Luca because Sebastian was already there and they disappeared quickly. But in a bit I would see them again, all three unfortunately.

My dad was the one who had initiated this little dinner to thank Antonia for her work and also to have a little chat, because in the paddock it was always a bit hectic. Obviously that he had invited her "family" too, so Sebastian was also coming, together with Luca.

On my side there was no one obviously because Isa and I had broken up a couple of weeks ago, it was also in the media but not that big as the cheating hadn't been made public, which I was happy about, because I wanted to move on and not read everyday about it.

"You look fine my son, I know she's your boss but that's just a little get together." my father said as we met in front of the hotel.

"I know." was all that I said, because one thing in his sentence gave me a kick into my stomach.

Your boss. One more it was highlighted in front of him that Antonia was his boss, he sometimes forgot that, especially when they had their little moments or she opened up to him, showed her feelings and emotions.

Every time someone said that he realized more and more that he certain feelings, for his boss, which were definitely more than expected or allowed. But he couldn't help himself, he had fallen in love with her little boy Luca and their amazing relationship.

"I'm excited to meet the little boy you told me so much about." my dad said as wer took a seat at the table in the restaurant.

"Yeah, he's really cute and funny, just amazing." Like his mother, I ended my thoughts in my mind while looking at the door, which swung open the next moment.

Instead of the black dress she had worn at our last dinner, Antonia was dressed in business trousers and a blazer, what also looked amazing on her. Next to her I saw Sebastian and immediately a cold shiver ran down my back.

But the I noticed Luca and the boy's expression immediately changed as he saw me. He wanted to ran over to my, but Sebastian held him back on his arm and whispered something in German to him.

"Toni, so nice to see you again." my father said and stood up to shake hands.

Normally I would hug her, at least after Baku, but with Sebastian looking at me like he did, I decided not to, so I also shook hands with her.