chapter thirty-four

Antonia W.

It was Thursday and the first race weekend after the summer break. Here in the Netherlands it was quite warm and the sun was shining, only a few clouds were visible on the sky.

"Good weather to start the second half of the season." Thomas said to me, as we standing in front of the hospitality, taking the sun shine in.

"Yes, hopefully it will stay that way until Sunday evening." I laughed and looked up at the sky.

As my look fell down again I took a sip of my coffee before looking over the paddock. Suddenly camera flashed could be heard and someone shouting. Thomas and I turned around, only to see Carlos walking through the entrance of the paddock.

On his hand was a tall brunette, who was having a big smile on her lips, whispering something into Carlos's ear, at which he giggled. My jaw dropped and also Thomas next to me was surprised at first but then laughed.

"These Ferrari drivers really jump from one girl to another. I really had thought he might like you, but as you haven't returned his flirts he walked over to the next one." he joked and shook his head.

Meanwhile I was still starring at Carlos and the woman on his hand. Our eyes met for a moment but then he looked at the cameras in front of him again, before pulling the girl closer and wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

As they were coming closer towards us and also the cameras filmed that way, I quickly turned around and ran back to my office. A weird feeling enveloped in my stomach and I felt jealous, like really jealous.

"Toni, please think of your interview at eleven thirty." Ricky interrupted my thoughts as he walked into my office.

"Yeah sure, got that." I mumbled in return and glanced out of the window, down in the paddock where Carlos and his new girl were standing.

As I looked back at the clock I saw, how much time had passed by and quickly grabbed my things before searching for Ricky, to go over to the media panel.

"Oh hello, how was your summer break?" a German voice took me back to reality and I looked up, just to meet Toto's gaze.

"Yeah fine I guess. How about you?" I asked friendly in return.

"It was great, first a trip with my friends as Jack was with Susie and her new boyfriend and then the two of us spend some fantastic days in the mountains." he beamed and once more realized that he was divorced.

"Sounds like a fun time."

"Yeah it was. You know what, I thought of maybe bringing Jack to one of the next races. You can tell me when Luca is coming and then the boys could meet and play together, I think they would be great playmates, what do you say?"

As soon as I heard Luca's name I felt the sadness and the pain in my heart coming back and I just returned a "Yeah sure." before I quickly walked away. Luckily the interviews distracted me from all the Luca and Carlos stuff.

After that I was just sitting in my office, not really able to work so I scrolled through my phone. Somehow I ended up on Instagram and that's when a new post from Carlos popped on my screen.

It was clearly a picture from his summer, as he was laying on a beach towel and a girl was snuggling up to his naked upper body, she was just in her bikini. You couldn't see her face though but the way he grabbed her, it was obvious that this was his girlfriend.