chapter thirty-two

Antonia W.

"Antonia, welcome back, let me give you a hug." my father said as I walked into his office.

Carlos had drove me here and said he wanted to check on the car and stuff here at the head quarter. The last hours had been pretty crazy as I had cried the whole flight back, clunging onto Carlos's arm whilst he had whispered sweet nothings into my ear and tried to calm me down.

He had decided not to go to the police as it would cause more attention that it would help us. but he had talked a lot and decided that I should talk to my father about it. Not everything of course, cause I wasn't ready to tell him that Carlos was my boyfriend but the rest.

The whole rest with Sebastian and what he had done to me in our past. But even though if he would believe me we couldn't really act on anything as if Sebastian would notice me pulling my father on my side, he would immediately publish Carlos's and my relationship.

I just hoped that Luca was fine and Sebastian wasn't hurting him in any way. I hadn't slept more than two hours this night as I was to nervous. Carlos had been with me at my apartment here as he said, he didn't want to leave me alone.

At first he even wanted to join me here with my dad, but thankfully he understood that I needed to do that alone. Still he was just a couple rooms and floors away and he said that I should text him if I need him.

"Hi dad, nice to see you again." I returned before we walked over to the little sofas, taking a seat on either one of them.

"I wanted to talk to you." my father said and the smile on his face immediately disappeared, straight to the business as usual.

"What's wrong, something about the car?"

"No. It's about your position as team principal. Look Antonia, I know you do great and I can't really tell but Sebastian called me the other day and he said it really isn't easy for him to tell me, but you struggle with it, too much stress and not enough time for Luca."

I swallowed and tried to held my tears back, as he said Luca's name.

"I thought about it and look, it had been the plan all along to put him in that position, just because, you know, just because of that I gave you the job, but maybe it was too soon."

"He cheated on me." I croaked.

"Yes, but he said sorry and it was just one time, he really wants to be a family again, with you and Luca, he loves you two."

I laughed sarcastically and my father raised an eyebrow.

"He never did dad, he lied to you and is doing it again right now."

"What do you mean?"

"He..." I started but felt how the words got stuck in my throat, "He... not only cheated on me."

I had to stop as the first tears were coming out of my eyes. My father was quick to stand up and come over to hug me.

"He hit me, he abused me, our whole relationship long, especially after I gave birth to Luca." I blurred out and started to cry.

What would I give now to have Carlos next to me, his arms around me to keep me save, but I couldn't, I needed to go through this alone.

"He what?!" my dad said and jumped up.

After he had calmed down a bit he took again a seat next to me.

"Why did you never said anything?" he calmly asked and brushed over my back.