chapter thirty-seven

Carlos S.

"Are you nervous my son?" Albert asked me and I looked up at him, surprised.

"Me nervous? You're the one he wants to kill."

He sighed and laid his hand on my knee, before he looked me deep into the eyes.

"Being in this business, at such a position, there are many people who want you dead. Moreover it's about my daughter and grandson, my family, your family. I would give everything for them, even my life."

I nodded my head and thought about them. Two days, two whole days had gone by since I had heard her voice, since I had heard Sebastian hitting her. Of course I had come here as soon as the call had ended, telling Albert what Sebastian was doing, what he wanted to do.

Together we fixed a plan and today was the day, as Sebastian had told Albert, that he would call him today, to set a time for the signing. Antonia's father played all alone till now, pretending to give him the position as team principal, but he wanted more, we knew that.

Of course also the police was informed and we had installed cameras and microphones in his office. Suddenly Albert's mobile phone rang, it was a video call.

"Hey Sebastian, how are you?" Albert said in his normal voice, whilst I was sitting across from him.

"Pretty fine, how are the contracts?" he came straight to business.

"Laying on my desk already, when are you free?"

"Today would be perfect."

As we had expected, Sebastian wanted it as quick as possible.

"Yeah, we can do that. Is Antonia with you at any chance, I haven't seen her for quite a time now."

To our surprise, Sebastian didn't hesitated and called Antonia over. I couldn't see her, but the knowledge that Albert did, gave a little hope, if she was on camera at least her face wasn't covered in bruises.

"Hi dad." she said and I could hear how fragile her voice sounded.

"Hey honey, how are you and Luca?"

She cleared her throat, "All good so far, he is sleeping."

"Oh my little boy. Look what I have found yesterday, cleaning my office." Albert said and held up a sweater, "I can give it with Sebastian later, so he gets his pullover back."

A smile appeared on my face as this wasn't just and cloth, it was my beige sweater with the word LONDON on it. As Albert didn't opened it, it really could be a kids sweater, but Antonia knew the cloth and that it was mine so she knew that I was here.

"Oh yeah that's his, he loves this sweater, he also asked for it over the last days, but I didn't know where it was. I love it too actually." she said and I immediately understood that she used the sweater for my person.

"Okay, I will give it back to you guys then, he really belongs to you, he's perfect with Luca." her dad said and I instantly gifted him a smile.

"Yeah fine I take that thing, is three pm fine?" Sebastian interrupted the call and quickly took the phone back from Antonia.

"That's perfect, see you later." Albert said and ended the call.

He then stood up and hugged me, "We got this. We now have two hours to prepare everything, let's go."

I thanked him and two hours later it was time. Nervously I sat in another room, a couple ones away from Alberts, with two police investors. In front of us where the laptops with the videos of Albert's office.