chapter fourty-six

Carlos S.

I came second in the race, what a success but I wasn't happy, at all. Antonia was still missing and I hadn't closed an eye the whole night, thinking of where she might be. Luckily Lando helped out with Luca.

The boy had been playing with him whilst I was at the police station with Ricky and Thomas, but they didn't really helped us. They said they would look for her, but there wasn't any evidence so they had no lead or direction in which they should investigate.

Albert had been in a business meeting the whole day yesterday so we only talked briefly but he said he would fly out today, meeting us around midday.

"Can we see mama today?" Luca asked and jumped on my lap as I was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Soon my love, soon we will see her. How about you play with uncle Lando again today?"

As there was now a three week break no one really was in a hurry and Lando even offered to stay some extra days to help with Luca and being there for me. It was really nice of him and I made a reminder in my head to invite him for dinner after this was over.

"Uncle Lando!" Luca beamed and laughed, before he got sad again, "But why can't mama come with us to uncle Lando?"

"She's not feeling well and she has work to do." I quickly said as I didn't want to go through that again, as I was sure Luca would catch me crying.

"But you were so good yesterday, why wasn't she there for you, why weren't you happy?"

Fuck, I thought and bit on my bottom lip, this kid wasn't dump and I was sure that I couldn't play this game for much longer. We needed to find her, otherwise it would break his heart.

"I am happy, cause you are here Luca." I sighed and placed a smile on my lips before I stood up, "So come on, let's go over to Lando."

For now Luca was satisfied with that and we walked over to Lando's hotel room. There I knocked and not the Brit I expected opened the door.

"Alex?!"

"Hey Carlos, Lando said you would come." he returned before he knelt down, "And bring this little sunshine here. Hi, I am Alex, a friend of Lando."

"I am Luca." my son returned before he giggled, pointing at Alex's shirt, "You look funny."

I was glad that he was smiling again and gave his little hand over to Alex, behind who now George appeared.

"Hello little man, you must be Luca."

"I am." the kid said proudly and quickly hugged the tall Brit's legs.

"Nice to meet you, I am George, a friend of Lando and Alex." he laughed before he whispered, "The smarter one."

Luca only giggled and followed Alex into the room, from where Lando came over to the door.

"Bye papa." the kid said before he was gone.

"Thank you so much Lando, I really owe you. Sorry if I interrupter your friends time." I sighed and looked after my son.

"No worries," the Brit laughed, "The boys also wanted to get to know Luca and we will play some fun games."

Then he got serious again and laid his hand on my shoulder.

"I know how hard it is right now, I really hope they will find her soon. I can't see my little boy so sad."

A smile laid on his lips and I also had to smile slightly.

"I'm not that small Lando."

"I didn't mean you." the Brit laughed at which I just rolled my eyes, "But hey, we are here for you both, okay? So if you need anything else, just call."