chapter thirteen

Carlos S.

It was Sunday and Sunday and therefor raceday here in Baku. The dinner yesterday was still very prominent in my mind and I always had to smile, thinking back at it. The way Antonia had looked in her beautiful dress, the little jokes with Luca and her hand laying unintentionally on my arm.

Caco and I just walked over the parking lot, as Isa wanted to sleep in a bit, as my manager started talking.

"Can I briefly tell you something and don't get it into the wrong direction or anything." he stumbled and I raised an eyebrow at him but gestured that he should keep going.

"It's about Isa."

"What about her?" I asked curious as I wondered why my manager brought the topic up.

"Yesterday at the bar I met an old friend from Ferrari and we started talking about god and the world and after a while we came to you and your leaving from Ferrari and then he told me that Isa was still coming to them."

"To Ferrari?" I interrupted, not sure where this would lead.

"Yes, he told me that she was hanging out with some of the media girls but also one specific mechanic, a lot."

"Are you saying that my girlfriend is cheating on me?" my voice got a bit louder and I looked at Caco in horror.

"No, but you should ask her why she spends so much time there, you are at Audi now, no reason for her to be in Ferrari's hospitality." he said and then stopped for a moment but I had the feeling that was not the whole truth.

"What else?" I therefore asked as I swiped my pass at the gates to the paddock.

"Did you know that she was in Australia, I wasn't there and you didn't tell me anything so I am not sure if you know."

"Isa was at the race in Australia, no way. I must have seen her, but I didn't, it's impossible." I nearly shouted at my manager and some people around turned curious as we walked past.

"The guy from Ferrari showed me a picture." Caco said slowly, trying to calm me down with his voice.

Together we entered the hospitality and I took off my sunglasses before looking him into the eyes, unsure if I was shocked or wanted to laugh about it.

"No way."

"Sorry man." Caco just said and showed me the screen of his phone where a picture was opened and it showed Isa and a mechanic in red.

They weren't touching each other or anything but they were standing behind the garage and the way she looked at him said more then thousand touches. It's the same look she had when we got together, but I hadn't seen it in a long time.

"It can't be true." I mumbled and kept looking at the photo, which was clearly a shot from the Australian paddock.

"Thanks for showing me man, I'll speak to her." was all I said before I gave him back the phone and went to my drivers room, where I shut the door loudly.

It couldn't be, Isa was really cheating on me with someone from Ferrari. Now I got it why she never wanted me to leave, it was easier for her sneaking around and doing whatever with her mechanic.