chapter thirty

Antonia W.

The sun was out and we were walking around the island. It was a bit bigger than the last ones we had been on but still only old people lived here so there was not a chance, someone would recognize us, luckily.

"Can we get ice cream?" Luca asked and jumped up and down next to us, holing Carlos hand like he had for most of the day.

"It's only a bit then we are back in the little town and then we can get ice cream." I explained and he immediately shouted happily and ran a couple meters away.

"Than come on, I want ice cream!"

Carlos just looked ta me and giggled, stretching his now free hand in my direction so I could take it. Whilst Luca was walking in front of us, searching for the small town, I cuddled closer to Carlos. This holiday was nearing it's end but I didn't want to leave our bubble, go home.

"My dad called this morning." I said after a while into the silence.

"Oh how nice of him, what did he say?"

"He wants to 'talk' to me, about Audi and my role as a team principal." I explained to him, "But he was been weird, I hope everything is fine though."

"Hey," Carlos said and gave me a smile, "Everything will be okay, he just wants to ask you what shelf he should get for the factory as the old one won't fit all our trophies that we will get in the second half of the season."

His joke made me laugh and I was glad that he had this kind of humor, another thing I madly loved about him. But the weird feeling in my stomach was still there.

"What if he suspect something about us, what if  someone saw us?" I asked, a bit paranoid but Carlos just pulled me closer.

"He won't, we were careful and nobody recognized us. Everything will be alright, don't think about it too much."

I just hummed and thought about it, but as I couldn't really change it and making scenarios in my head, what my dad would want, wouldn't help me so I stopped.

"But another thing I wanted to asked you, " Carlos said after a while and I noticed how he got a bit nervous.

"Yes?" I asked and a smile appeared on my lips, as he didn't continue talking.

"We love each other and you are officially my girlfriend. How about, after your visit at your dad, you join me in Spain with my family and we have a couple of days together, I show you my home town and all that stuff."

I stopped as soon as he had finish talking and my eyes grew wide.

"You wanna introduce me to your parents?!" I blurred out, not sure where to put his suggestion.

"Er... yeah, why not? Besides my father already knows you." he said and scratched his neck.

"Yes because I am your boss and he invited us for dinner to thank me for my work and that stuff, he surely won't be happy about us dating. And what if he tells something to the media? And me being in Spain will surely cause trouble as people will see me, see us." I panicked but Carlos took my hands in his and gave it a kiss.

"Babe, breathe. Look, I am not sure what my dad would say, but my mother is happy for us, I think. She just told me to careful an"