CHAPTER.XXXIX.METTING THE FAM PART II

"Okay, so let me get this straight

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You've known about the girls' location, and they've been living with you for quite some time now, and you didn't bother to tell us?" Camilo said, frustration evident in his voice as he sat across from his brother and nephews.

"Yes." Rafael nodded simply in response.

"But why, don't we also have a right to know as a family?" Camilo continued.

"I didn't want to overwhelm them. They didn't seem comfortable with us at first—hell, they still sometimes feel like they aren't comfortable with us. But I didn't want to introduce them to more people without knowing what effect it would have on them," Rafael explained.

"Still, you should have said something. You know we've been searching for them just as much as you," Luis added, his disappointment evident.

"If I had said something, you would have wanted to visit. Besides, we have everything under control," Dante defended, his tone firm.

"Really? Because from what I heard, you have a traitor among us and people selling information to our enemies," Fernando pointed out, his voice dark and controlled.

"Grandfather, I assure you we have everything under control," Antonio added, his voice calm but resolute.

"But what I want to know is what is going on with my granddaughter," Vivian interjected, her concern evident in her voice.

"What do you mean, Vivian?" Fernando asked his wife, his brow furrowing with worry.

"She looked possessed, definitely not normal. She looks pale and sick. Aren't you taking care of her properly?" Vivian asked, her tone accusatory as she turned her gaze to Rafael.

"Of course we are!" Dante said defensively, his tone slightly defensive. Vivian raised one eyebrow at him, her expression skeptical.

"We have been taking care of her, Mother, but I honestly don't know what is wrong with her. We've been trying to get her to see a doctor, but every time we mention it, she goes into a panic," Rafael explained, his frustration evident in his voice.

"How did you manage to find them anyway? And where is Vanessa?" Nadia asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Vanessa is dead, that's how we managed to find them," Rafael replied dryly, his tone devoid of emotion.

"Dear God, thank the heavens I hated that woman," Gloria exclaimed, her distaste evident in her voice.

"Gloria!" Camilo scolded, shaking his head in disapproval.

"It's the truth. That woman was a vile snake," Gloria defended, shrugging her shoulders indifferently.

"Still, don't speak ill of the dead. Vanessa would be a horrible ghost to deal with. Too whiny," Camilo said, his tone tinged with a conspiratorial manner.

"Anyways, since we are all here, why don't we just meet the girls? It's not like you can keep them hidden anymore," Janis suggested.

But before Rafael had the opportunity to say anything, Luis's voice interrupted, asking the servants to retrieve their belongings from their cars and place them in the guest rooms.

The servants nodded in acknowledgment and quickly left to carry out Luis's instructions. Rafael sighed.

"Alright then, Marco, Mateo, could you go get your sisters to introduce them to the rest of the family, please?" Rafael requested.

Marco and Mateo nodded in agreement as they made their way towards the stairs, eager to bring Scarlet, Violet, and Juliet downstairs to meet the rest of the family.

The girls followed Marco and Mateo downstairs, their hearts pounding with a mixture of excitement and nervousness. As they descended the stairs, they could hear the lively chatter of the family members gathered in the living room, awaiting their arrival.

Marco and Mateo led them into the room, where all eyes turned towards them. The girls took in the sight of their extended family, some faces familiar and others less so. They exchanged hesitant smiles, trying to gauge the atmosphere in the room.

Rafael stepped forward, his expression warm and welcoming. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet Scarlet, Violet, and Juliet," he announced proudly.

Immediately, the girls were enveloped in a huge hug. They stiffened at the sudden intrusion but soon began to relax as the warmth and familiarity of their family members washed over them.

"We have missed you girls so much," Vivian said warmly as she hugged Violet tightly.

"Yes, we thought we might never be able to see you again!" Nadia chimed in, her voice filled with relief and joy.

"Okay, when is dinner gonna be ready?" Noah said, not taking his eyes away from his phone screen.
Nadia playfully slapped his hand. "Behave!" she hissed before breaking into a smile.

"Come on, Noah, put the phone down and enjoy the moment," Nadia teased, nudging him gently. "Dinner will be ready soon enough."

Noah rolled his eyes but obediently pocketed his phone. "Fine, but I want the seat closest to the kitchen," he declared with a hint of impatience,

"Come on cheer up, after all we are all finally together at last." Nadia said happily

" Nadia said happily

AUTHORS NOTE

Btw did you guys like the new cover?

So what did you think of this chapter?

What do you think will happen next in the story?
Any suggestions for the next one?

What is your favorite character so far?

What do you want to see more of?

Don't forget to vote ☆

Bye