CHAPTER. XV. FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

S C A R L E T   V A L E N T I N E

It's hard to believe we've been here for over two weeks. I've grown closer to my brothers, especially Sebastian, Marco, Mateo, and Antonio. Nicolas still seems unsure about us. I don't know what's bothering him, but he should figure it out before he says something he'll regret.

I woke up with an hour to get ready. Did the basics: brushed my teeth, took care of my business, and had a shower.

When I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I winced at the sight of healed marks and cuts that will never fade.

My face, was scarred, disfigured, and ugly face. I hate it. That scar across it... ugh. I stared at myself for what felt like an eternity before turning away.

Opting for a long ponytail braid and silver earrings, I wore a red top, a brown jacket, ripped jeans, and black shoes.

Minimal makeup, and I was out the door. In the kitchen, Juliet and Rafael were making breakfast. They seemed to be getting along well, after the incident.

Rafael smiled as he showed Juliet how to make the biscuits. Juliet knew how to cook, often having to do it for my Mother and David. She loved cooking, just not for them. Now that she wasn't forced to, she was always in the kitchen making all sorts of things.

Rafael handed me pancakes with bacon and eggs with a smiley face. A kiss on my forehead accompanied his words, "Enjoy, Princesa." It was strange to see a tough-looking man smiling and playing around like he did but part of me enjoyed his playful side.

Dante entered the kitchen looking tired, and Juliet handed him coffee. He thanked her  "Thank you, Tesoro," sat beside me, and playfully stole my bacon.

"Hey!" I protested. Antonio saw the exchange and shook his head at his brother, saying, "That's not how you treat your little sister."

"Thanks," I responded sarcastically, but he managed to swipe my last piece of bacon too. I was about to shock him when, Rafael looked up from his batter bowl, glaring at his sons. "Don't you have anything else to do besides bothering your sisters?" he scolded.

"Ooh, bacon," Marco exclaimed, trying to grab one from the plate at the center of the table. Juliet slapped his hand away, causing him to pout.

Mateo rolled his eyes at his twin's childish behavior, grabbed a bowl of fruit, and sat down. Marco continued to argue with Juliet over the bacon.

Sebastian and Nicolas looked confused by the commotion but eventually sat down. Elijah and Violet were the last to arrive.

Violet wore a classy blue dress, a blue jacket with fluffy cuffs, and white high boots, and carried a blue bag. Her straight hair was held back by a clip, and her makeup highlighted her natural elegance.

Juliet wore a classy brown skirt with a white blouse, a black vest, black heels with socks, and a headband. Her wavy hair hung loosely, adorned with a light brown headband. Juliet didn't know much about makeup, so she kept it simple with some mascara and lip gloss.

After a bustling breakfast, the table was filled with various dishes. Juliet sipped her tea and listened to Violet. The whole table was engrossed in different conversations.

Rafael smiled throughout the meal before announcing, "Alright, settle down, I have something to say."

"It's the girls' first day of school, and I want to go over the rules. No trouble, respect your teachers and peers. If you cause trouble and it's your fault, you'll be punished accordingly by me, Dante, or Antonio."

I noticed Juliet flinch at the word "punished," and Violet's expression hardened. I found myself reacting similarly after nearly strangling my napkin under the table, but if anyone noticed they didn't show it. Everyone nodded, and Rafael instructed us to go on.

Before leaving, I touched Rafael's hand he looked like he needed some reassurance so I said, "If there's trouble, I'll call you or my brothers, okay?" He nodded and placed a kiss on the top of my head. I headed outside, where Nicolas waited by his car with an annoyed look.

"It's about time," he grumbled. I rolled my eyes, got in the car, and we headed to school. People stared and whispered as we arrived, their gazes seemingly hypnotized.

In the main office, we got our schedules. Mateo and I walked to class, as we had the same math class. I despised math, with its formulas, numbers, and now letters. It was driving me slowly insane. Despite that, we sat together, and Mateo tried to keep my spirits up, making me laugh during the lesson. Mr. Thompson glared at me for it.

After class, we parted ways, and I bumped into Maria, who hugged me tightly, surprised to see me. She asked, "What are you doing here, Red?"

"I go here now," I replied. She playfully teased "Sorry girl I thought you were poor." but I clarified that I was living with my dad, and I was not poor.

My mother and Stepfather had lots of money, enough to get a whole condo with a large pool and lots of room for mother's lavish parties, but that didn't mean they would give us money or enjoy her luxuries.

She was glad I was there and mentioned having fun with Kenneth and Carlos.

I playfully suggested she'd be too focused on Quinn to pay attention to us. Maria's face reddened as she glanced at Quinn. She denied it, and we bantered, talking about our schedules and finding out we had Gym and English together

"Well see you at lunch I am running late," she winked and walked away, leaving me to find my biology class

Sorry for not updating last week I was editing a few more chapters and I was sick, and busy studying.

What did you guys think of this chapter?
Who do you want to see more of?
Questions?
Comments?
Any suggestions?
Don't forget to vote

Adios mis amores ♥︎