CHAPTER. XX. RAIN & PAINT

D A N T E   V A L E N T I N E   P O V

It's been a few weeks since the girls started school, and I found solace in the fact that they were adjusting well.

Nevertheless, my concerns persisted. There was an ongoing issue with an adversary targeting my men and extracting crucial information.

Under normal circumstances, I would have already identified the perpetrator and taken decisive action, but even my capable brother, Elijah, was struggling to trace them. Whoever was behind this was no amateur; they possessed a deep understanding of their actions.

Recently, I concluded an interrogation with one of my subordinates who had been stealing from my organization for a significant period. This rogue element had audaciously assumed they could escape unharmed.

Walking through the hallways, a glimpse outside the window caught my attention. Juliet, stood in the garden before a canvas, meticulously painting the scenery.

Guards and staff members occasionally glanced her way, ensuring her well-being before resuming their duties. The girls had quickly formed positive relationships with the staff.

Scarlet engaged in arm wrestling competitions with the guards, while Juliet occasionally prepared meals for them. All three sisters chipped in with various tasks, including helping the staff with their responsibilities.

Remarkably, there were no complaints about the girls' cleanliness habits, particularly Violet, who demonstrated exceptional tidiness.Violet's neatness was a quality that even some of my brothers lacked.

My curiosity piqued as I observed Juliet's artistic endeavor. Eager to know her better, I'd been attempting to spend more time with the girls. However, Scarlet had been preoccupied with her boxing practice alongside Sebastian and Antonio on weekends, making it challenging for me to connect with her.

Violet was polite and well-mannered but seemed to value her solitude. Juliet, therefore, remained the most accessible sister to bond with, and I cherished these moments with her.

As I ventured towards the grand gardens, I approached Juliet silently. Engrossed in her painting, she appeared oblivious to my presence until my shadow disrupted the sunlight, prompting her to look up at me in surprise.

Initiating a gentle conversation, I asked if she would mind my company, and she nodded approvingly, returning her focus to the canvas.

Her painting portrayed vibrant flowers against a backdrop of a sunny blue sky. Each stroke of her brush brought the scene to life with intricate details.

Observing her work, I recognized that her talent in art had a strong resemblance to our father's own appreciation for art. I was sure that if he saw the painting he would hang it along with his collection.

Her white dress now stained with paint,her skin color was also covered in different colors,Juliet finally put down her paintbrush.

While the guards continued their rotation, her attention was caught by their movements. I noticed her nails digging into her arm, a nervous habit that surfaced particularly when she was surrounded by numerous people, indicating her discomfort around men.