Chapter.XII. BOXING

"Maybe we exist to bleed, maybe we exist to burn, maybe with exist to suffer, but maybe we exist to love."

S C A R L E T   V A L E N T I N E   POV

S C A R L E T V A L E N T I N E POV

I watched with concern as the days passed without any communication from Juliet since she entered that state of numbness.

It pained me deeply to see her like this-lifeless and broken, barely eating, and losing the vibrant spirit she once had. While Violet took care of her, Juliet completely shut herself off from everyone else.

As much as it hurt that she kept me at a distance, I understood why she relied on Violet. Our mother had not only isolated us from the world but also from each other, particularly me.

I had to earn my place by carrying out tasks for our mother's influential and dangerous acquaintances. The consequences of failure extended not just to me but to my sisters as well.

Because of my absence, Violet had been there for Juliet. She seemed to possess an innate ability to comfort and understand Juliet when she delved into that dark place in her mind.

Though uncertain about what triggered Juliet's descent into that state, I was determined to find out. But for now, I needed an outlet to release some pent-up frustration.

Mateo had mentioned a gym in the house, and given its size, it wouldn't have surprised me. Following Mateo's directions, I navigated through the vast confines of the house until I reached the gym.

The rhythmic sound of punches landing on punching bags filled the air, and to my surprise, I discovered Antonio and Sebastian engaged in a dynamic boxing session. Their movements were marked by fluidity and precision, showcasing their dedication and skill.

As I hesitated at the entrance, unsure if I should interrupt their training, Antonio spotted me and his face lit up with a welcoming smile. "Scarlet! Come join us. We could use an extra sparring partner."

Sebastian nodded in agreement, motioning me toward the gloves. "Yeah, jump in. Let's see what you've got."

A surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins as I stepped forward, ready to showcase the fighting abilities I had honed on the streets. Survival in those harsh circumstances relied on agility and quick thinking, and this gym presented an opportunity to prove myself in a new arena.

Antonio handed me a pair of gloves, his eyes filled with anticipation. "Don't worry, we won't be too hard on you," he said with a mischievous smile.

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I slipped the gloves on, feeling their familiar weight and protective embrace. The ring became my stage, and the sound of my pounding heart drowned out any doubt or hesitation.

As the three of us squared off, the atmosphere grew charged with excitement. Antonio and Sebastian launched calculated attacks, their movements displaying the training and experience they possessed. However, I matched their intensity, countering their strikes with swift dodges and precise punches.