Chapter.XXIX. LADY

S C A R L E T   V AL E N T I N E

Oh no, this is bad. Really bad.

I'm on the brink of being a goner. Once Juliet discovers what I've done, she'll probably concoct a plan to bury me in the garden, mark a special spot for the flowers, and turn my grave into her personal dancing stage.

"Scarlet, are you all right?" I froze at the sound of my name.

"Yeah," I replied, trying to appear nonchalant.

"Are you sure? You've been darting around the house like a wild animal ," pointed out Mateo. I spun around, searching frantically, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"What exactly are you looking for?" inquired Marco. I pivoted and whispered urgently, "I've lost Lady," admitting my blunder.

"You what?!" Mateo hissed, glancing around cautiously.

"You lost Juliet's dog?" Marco questioned.

"Shhhhh," I hushed them fiercely. "Keep it down, or she'll hear you. It was an accident! I only let her out for some fresh air, and then she vanished."

"You're in serious trouble," warned Marco. I glared at him. "You've got to help me find her!"

"I don't think that's my problem," retorted Marco.

"You help, or I'll let Dante know it was you who tossed those stink bombs in the garden." He place a hand on his chest and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"You little traitor," Marco muttered, his tone tinged with fake betrayal.

I flashed him an innocent smile as the three of us formed a tight-knit search party, scouring the garden looking like the Scooby-Doo gang.

"Lady, come here, girl!" Marco half-whispered, half-yelled, his voice filled with urgency. We combed through every nook and cranny of the garden, but Lady remained elusive, nowhere in sight.

"Maybe she slipped out through the front gate?" Mateo suggested, but Marco shook his head firmly. "It's locked; she must be somewhere within the mansion," he insisted.

"I can't bear the thought of telling Juliet we lost her dog," Mateo lamented, his worry mirroring my own. Lady's presence meant the world to Juliet, and their bond was undeniable. Lady rarely sought companionship elsewhere.

Nodding in agreement, our search persisted, but as an hour passed with no sign of Lady, anxiety gripped us. Dinner approached rapidly, and Lady was still nowhere to be found.

When Juliet entered with Violet, my brothers swiftly diverted their attention to assisting Dad, leaving me to face the impending dilemma alone.

Approaching Juliet, who greeted me with a smile, I braced myself. "Hey, have you seen Lady? I've been looking for her all day," she signed to me.

"Yeah, about that... she's gone," I reluctantly revealed. Juliet's face fell, concern etched in her expression. "What do you mean, gone?" she signed, her worry palpable.

Before I could explain further, a loud bark cut through the tension. My heart leaped as Lady appeared. Rushing toward her, I scooped her up in relief. "Oh, thank the heavens you're okay!" I exclaimed, relief flooding through me.

However, my joy was short-lived as Lady bit me. "Ouch!" I yelped, hastily setting her down as she darted back to Juliet.

Frowning, I glared at the dog. "You little shit!" I muttered under my breath.

"Well, it looks like someone had fun," Elijah quipped, eyeing Lady's dirt-smeared fur. As I rubbed my bitten hand, still stinging from Lady's unexpected nip, Nicolas sauntered over.

"Don't worry, Scar. If you get rabies, we can always quarantine you like we did with Mateo when he had chicken pox," Nicolas chimed in with a playful grin.

"If anyone's getting quarantined, it should be you, with that weird mole on your toe," I retorted

Nicolas gasped in surprise. "How do you know about that?" I flashed a mischievous grin. "I know everything."

"No, but seriously, dude, you should get that check," Elijah agreed. Nicolas rolled his eyes at him, seemingly ready with a comeback when a loud gasp interrupted their bickering.

All heads turned to Sebastian, who looked angry while holding up an empty container. He glared at us and yelled, "Who ate my pizza rolls?"

Immediately, Marco raised his hands. "Not it!" Violet just shook her head, and one by one, we denied eating them.

"Then one of you is lying!" Sebastian declared.
"Come on, guys, it's not a big deal. Who ate them?" Dante asked.

"I saw Elijah earlier being suspiciously close to the kitchen," Marco said.
"I was getting some water!" Elijah defended. While they argued, I slipped away, but not without getting caught by Dad, who gave me a knowing look and gestured to my shirt stained with the sauce from the pizza rolls I stole earlier.

I made a shhh motion, and he smiled but nodded all the same and I knew that his place I'd finally felt like home.

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry that I haven't updated in a while I got caught up with some Drama but now I am back and ready to continue.

So what are your thoughts?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Anything you want to see more of?

Don't forget to Vote and Comment