CHAPTER. XXXI. STEAL

S C A R L E T     V A L E N T I N E

S C A R L E T V A L E N T I N E

Awakening to the thunder's roar outside my room, memories echoed in my mind, disrupting the rhythmic ripple. Unable to return to sleep, I slipped out of bed and ventured towards my sister's room. Three knocks preceded the creaking door, revealing Violet at her desk, bathed in the glow of her computer.

With a stoic gaze, she acknowledged my presence, "You're here. Good, I was about to call you." Confused, I furrowed my brow and asked, "For what?" Violet, engrossed in her typing, replied, "I need you to get me something."

"What?" I inquired.

"I need you to pilfer something from Rafael's office," she said casually. My eyes widened, "You want me to steal for my father?"

Violet rolled her eyes, dismissingly, "Please, you only found out he was your father a few months ago. He means nothing to us. Don't forget why we're here – we need information."

"I don't want to hurt them or cause more trouble than we already have," I insisted.

Violet glared at me. "Well, you have no choice. Don't forget who you work for and what he has done for us. He must pay him back."

"Please, Violet, that man is using us. He doesn't care the slightest about us, and you should get that in your head. He is a monster, worse than our parents," I pleaded.

"Quiet!" she hissed. "Thanks to him, we are still alive. You know your duty, and you must follow through with it. If you don't, I won't hesitate to report your betrayal to the boss."

My heart pounded in my chest at Violet's words. "What do you need?" I asked. Violet smirked, "I need to steal a hard drive from Rafael's office. I saw it the other day, but Sebastian caught me, and I had to leave it behind," she said, annoyed.

"Why is that drive so important?" I asked.

"It's none of your business why he wants it. Just do it," she snapped.

Here I was, tiptoeing against the wooden floors to Rafael's office. Making sure no one was nearby, I slipped inside. The office was dark, like always, but at night, it resembled a black hole.

I groaned and walked towards the desk. Failing to spot the drive, I decided to rummage through the cabinets.

After opening two without success, I was about to open the third when I heard voices. Quickly, I looked around and spotted a closet. I hurriedly locked myself inside.

somebody open the door and turn up a lamp light. I have my breath. I didn't know what would happen if they caught me here I wasn't supposed to be here at least not without permission.

"Dammit," I heard a loud voice.

"Calm down, Dante," Antonio said.

"Calm down?! There is a traitor among us, and you are telling me to calm down?" he snapped.

"Yes, we need to think clearly about what are we going to do." Antonio reason

"I'll tell you what I'm gonna do. I will find the traitor and skin them alive, slowly make them feel every amount of pain possible so they regret ever crossing me," Dante said, his voice dark.

My eyes widened; I had never heard them speak that way, and it scared me to the core because somehow I knew he was serious.

"I can't let anybody run around, killing my men and selling information that is costing us money, as well as risking the security of the girls," Dante continued.

Shit.

It was me; I was the one they were looking for. I didn't know I was the one leaking information to my boss. I was just doing my job, my mission, but that was going to cost me my life. I need to get out of here fast.

"Do you have any idea who could be?" Antonio asked.

"Not yet, but I heard there's some information on a suspect, possibly an assassin. I suspect they were hired by one of the rival gangs, perhaps a graduate from the Academy."

"The Academy? Those are dangerous; they certainly know how to cover their tracks," Antonio said.

"I know that's why we need to find them fast, whoever it is. It's dangerous, and we can't risk the girls' safety," Dante said as his voice disappeared, walking away from the room.

I let out a relieved breath, and after a few minutes, I left my safe space. Glancing at the desk with an exhausted expression, my eyes landed on the bookshelf, noticing a hard drive, and I instantly hesitated.

Should I take it? But something stopped me. I couldn't do it because somehow I felt like I was betraying them. They had shown me nothing but kindness, and I knew that if He wanted this drive, it wasn't for a good reason.

I let my hand drop and walked towards the door, slipping out of the office. I would have to give Violet some random drive, and I would probably get into a lot of trouble, but I felt like it would be worth it.

I just hoped my brothers wouldn't find out that I had been the one messing up their missions and plans, stealing money and goods. As I walked, I didn't notice the pair of eyes that followed me out of the office.

 As I walked, I didn't notice the pair of eyes that followed me out of the office

AUTHORS NOTE
HI!
So what did you think of this chapter?

Any suggestions for the next one?

What is your favorite character so far?

What do you want to see more of?

Bye