CHAPTER. XXXVI. ARCHERY

Scarlet was bored, dreading a week of doing nothing

Scarlet was bored, dreading a week of doing nothing. She wasn't used to doing nothing. She much preferred being productive rather to stay in bed and doing nothing all day.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Dying," she replied.

"Of what?"

"Boredom!" she groaned loudly. He smiled and suggested, "Hey, want to come with me?"

"For?"

"Just trust me," he said. She raised her head and nodded. They walked to the garden and onto an almost empty field.

"What are we doing here?" she asked.

"You'll see," Antonio said, grabbing a set of arrows from a large box.

"Today, I'm going to teach you archery." He grinned

Scarlet's eyes widened in surprise. "Archery? I've never tried that before."

Antonio grinned. "Exactly! It's something new, to help us bond Plus, it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it."

Scarlet hesitated for a moment, then shrugged. "Why not? Let's give it a shot."

Antonio handed Scarlet a sleek recurve bow and a quiver filled with arrows, explaining the intricacies of each part. He demonstrated the proper stance, positioning her feet and arms just so, and patiently corrected her grip on the bow until it felt natural.

With his guidance, Scarlet carefully notched an arrow onto the bowstring and drew it back, feeling the tension build in her muscles. Antonio stood beside her, offering gentle encouragement and advice.

"Focus on your target," he advised in a calm tone. "And just let go when you're ready."

Scarlet nodded, her gaze fixed on the distant bullseye. She took a deep breath, blocking out all distractions, and released the string. The arrow flew through the air with a satisfying whoosh, soaring towards its mark. Time seemed to slow as she watched, her heart pounding in anticipation.

Then, with a solid thud, the arrow struck the target dead center. Scarlet's eyes widened in amazement, a rush of exhilaration coursing through her veins.

She turned to Antonio, her face beaming with a wide grin. "Oh my gosh, I did it!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down rapidly.

Antonio chuckled at Scarlet's infectious enthusiasm, his own smile widening. "You sure did! That was an impressive shot for your first try," he praised, patting her on the back.

Scarlet's excitement bubbled over as she retrieved another arrow from the quiver. "I want to try again!" she declared eagerly, determination gleaming in her eyes. She took her stance once more, focused on the target.

Unfortunately, she didn't anticipate Nicolas stepping into her line of fire.

"HOLY SHIT!" Nicolas yelled, jumping slightly out of the way and raising his left arm and foot in defense.

"Nicolas, you bonehead! Look where you're going!" she scolded, her own frustration bubbling to the surface.

Scarlet raised an eyebrow at him, unimpressed. "You're clearly okay, why are you being a crybaby?" she remarked, her tone tinged with frustration.

Nicolas bristled at her dismissive attitude, his anger flaring. "You little piece of-" he began, his words cut off by his brother.

"Alright, stop it you two," Antonio intervened, his voice firm but calm. Antonio stepped between Scarlet and Nicolas, his presence commanding attention. He glanced between them, his expression one of stern concern.

"We're all here to have a good time, remember?" he reminded them, his tone gentle but firm. "Let's not ruin it with unnecessary arguments."

Scarlet and Nicolas exchanged uneasy glances, their tempers cooling in the face of Antonio's admonition.

"Sorry," Scarlet muttered,

Nicolas sighed, his anger dissipating. "Yeah, sorry," he grumbled, reluctantly accepting the apology.

Antonio nodded in approval, satisfied that the situation had been defused. "Alright then, let's get back to it," he said, gesturing towards the archery range. "But this time, let's try to be a bit more mindful of our surroundings, okay?"

"Fine but if this bonehead gets in my way again I won't hesitate to shoot him." Scarlet said pointedly

"BRAT!" Nicolas yelled

"BONEHEAD!"

"Idiots" Antonio said shaking his head with a smile.