Chapter .II. REUNITED AT LAST

" La vida continúa, y el tiempo corre y no para por nadie."

A U T H O R S   P

A U T H O R S   P. O.V 

The office exudes an air of power and opulence, adorned with expensive art pieces and a sweeping view of the gardens below. At the center of the room stands Rafael's valentine, a cold and calculating man, dressed in a tailored suit. His piercing eyes reflect years of pain and longing.

Rafael's gaze shifted towards the door as it swung open, revealing three girls stepping inside the room. The three stood in the center of the office.

Scarlet stood tall and ahead of her sisters, shielding them protectively, her tall frame and scarred face gave her a look of strength and resilience. Her long wavy hair was placed in a long braid of curls framing her face beautifully, the scar only highlighted her beauty, as it couldn't harm it.

Violet stood to Scarlet's right, despite being slightly shorter than her eldest sister, it didn't make her any less of a threat. Her light brown skin serves as a canvas for a sprinkle of delicately scattered freckles, giving her a uniquely enchanting appearance. 

Her dark brown eyes shimmered with mysterious deep, seemingly reflecting the secrets she held within. The luscious curtain of dark brown hair cascaded around her face, framing her features with an alluring elegance.

Juliet possessed a natural beauty that was both charming and captivating. A unique beauty mark adorned her face just below one of her expressive, dark brown eyes, adding a touch of intrigue to her features. Her light brown skin glowed with a gentle warmth, while her long, silky locks of dark brown hair cascaded down her back, framing her face in a veil of elegance and grace.

There was no doubt that these were his daughters. They share their brown eyes and hair, and he recognized their eyes as soon as he saw them.

Rafael's eyes swelled up with tears at the sight of his daughters standing before him. He had missed so much of their lives. As the girls took their places, it dawned on him how much he had missed birthdays, holidays, school plays, and other things fathers did with their kids.

Scarlet stood protectively in front of her sisters, ready to shield and protect her sisters if needed, she didn't know what Rafael's intentions were, and if she had learned anything about living with her mother is not to trust anyone.

Even though fear consumed her, she shields it and meets Rafael's gaze with unwavering determination. Scarlet was adamant about concealing any signs of weakness or emotions.

On the other hand, Violet kept an eye on her father, trying to figure him out. She scrutinized his every move like a hark. She had always thought that all people always acted out of selfish motives, and at that moment she was trying to find the cracks in his demeanor.

Juliet was on Scarlet's left, gently clinging to Scarlet's arm for support. Her gaze was on the floor afraid to meet her father's eyes. Juliet was well aware of what happens if she looks directly into someone's eyes without permission.