CHAPTER . XXXII. USING YOU

That bitch gave her the wrong file

Violet seethed with anger as she realized Scarlet had handed her the wrong drive. She trusted Scarlet to deliver the necessary files to their boss, but instead, she received an earful from him about gardening tips.

It was the first time Scarlet had failed her, and Violet was livid,  She had tried to maintain her composure, but time was of the essence, and she needed those files urgently.

The phone jolted her from her thoughts, and she knew it was her boss on the line. Though she dreaded the conversation, she couldn't ignore it. With a shaky breath, she answered, "Hello?"

"Skip the pleasantries, Violet. Where's my file?" His voice cut through her like a knife, and she could feel her palms growing clammy.

"I... I don't have it," she admitted, bracing herself for his inevitable anger.

"And why the fuck not?" He snapped.

"I'm doing the best I can," she replied, trying to steady her nerves.

"It doesn't look like it, Violet. I would hate to have to let you go," he said sternly.

"I can still be very useful to you," Violet said, growing increasingly worried.

"Useful?" He scoffed. "Useful is delivering the right files on time, Violet. Not screwing up like this."

Violet felt a lump form in her throat. She knew she had to salvage the situation somehow. "I understand, sir. Please, give me another chance. I'll make it right."

"You better, or you and your sisters will suffer the consequences," he threatened before abruptly hanging up. Frustration boiled within Violet as she flung the phone onto her bed and stormed towards Scarlet's room. Pushing the door open, she found Scarlet and Juliet lounging together, munching on popcorn and engrossed in a movie.

"You..." Violet began, her anger palpable. Scarlet's eyes widened in surprise at the venom in her tone. "Violet?" she started, rising from her seat, but before she could react, Violet's hand connected with her cheek in a harsh slap.

Juliet gasped loudly, her eyes wide with shock as she watched the scene unfold before her. "You gave me the wrong file," Violet sneered, her voice dripping with contempt.

Scarlet recoiled from the slap, her hand instinctively reaching to cup her stinging cheek. Her eyes flashed with a mixture of hurt and defiance as she met Violet's gaze.

"I-I didn't mean to," Scarlet stammered, her voice trembling slightly. "It was a mistake."

"A mistake?" Violet scoffed, her frustration boiling over. "This was no mistake, Scarlet. You simply didn't want to do it! Is it because you care about them? Wake up, Scarlet. Once they realize who you are, they'll toss you aside like a broken toy."

"That's not true," Scarlet argued, her voice shaking with emotion.

"Yes, it is! If it's not true, then why haven't you told them?" Violet pressed, her tone cutting. Juliet stared at her sister in disbelief, wondering why she was being so cruel.

"Scarlet stared at Violet in shock, acknowledging the truth in her words. 'You're no better than me,' Scarlet admitted. 'You're working for a man who hates you, and you're too blinded by your love to see it.'

Violet glared at her sister, feeling a mix of anger and hurt. 'He does love me,' she defended. 'He's just confused and busy.'

Juliet stared in confusion. 'What guy?' she asked, completely unaware of the situation.

"Scarlet said, 'Don't worry about him. You don't know him, and hopefully, you never will.' She trailed off, her expression troubled.

"If anything goes wrong, Scarlet, it'll be your fault, so don't come begging me for mercy," Violet retorted, her tone tinged with frustration.

Scarlet squared her shoulders, meeting Violet's gaze with determination. "I won't need your mercy," she declared firmly. "But once you realize he is only using you and he doesn't care for you I hope you'll remember my warning," Scarlet said, her voice tinged with concern for her sister. "And I'll be here for you when you need me, no matter what."

Violet turned on her heel and slammed the door behind her. They didn't know what they were talking about; they were just jealous. He did care for her,

Right?

AUTHORS NOTE

AUTHORS NOTE

So what did you think of this chapter?

What do you think will happen next in the story ?

Were you surprised by any of the characters' actions or decisions in this chapter?

Any suggestions for the next one?

What is your favorite character so far?

What do you want to see more of?

Don't forget to vote ☆

Bye