CHAPTER.XXXV. DESSERT.

A U T H O R S   P O V

A U T H O R S P O V

"Suspended? This is ridiculous! I did nothing wrong!" Scarlet yelled angrily from the back of the car. Dante glanced at his sister through the rearview mirror.

"You did break her nose," he said.

"She deserved it!" Scarlet retorted.

Dante smiled. "I didn't say she didn't," he said, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"But are you okay? She didn't do anything to you," he asked, his eyes growing dark with concern.

Scarlet scoffed. "Please, the girl barely got a hit on me. She had to use a glass cup to actually do something."

Dante nodded and glanced at Juliet, who was seated in the front passenger seat, lost in thought. He was about to ask her if she was okay, but a loud grumble interrupted him.

"Hungry?" Dante asked, noticing Scarlet now blushing.

"Yeah," she admitted.

"I know a place," Dante said, offering a reassuring smile as he navigated the car towards their destination. It only took them about ten minutes, and Dante pulled up to a beautiful restaurant.

Surrounded by plants and wood, it exuded comfort and warmth, yet it also had a sophisticated air about it.

A waiter promptly greeted them, gesturing Dante to a private booth. They settled in as the waiter handed them menus. The girls began perusing the options, trying to decipher the various dishes.

"What are you two doing here, shouldn't you be a school?" A voice interrupted them. Both Scarlet and Juliet looked up to see Antonio's surprised expression.

"They're with me now," Dante replied curtly. Antonio waited for his brother to elaborate, but he didn't. "Anyway, since you're here, we'll accompany you,"

"Nobody invited you," Dante retorted.

"We will accompany you anyway," Elijah argued as they made their way to their seats. Juliet smiled at her brothers, and Sebastian affectionately patted her head.

"So, what are you gonna order?" Antonio asked them.

"I don't know. I haven't tried half of these dishes, at least not in a restaurant," Scarlet replied.

"Why not?" Elijah inquired.

"We didn't go out much," Scarlet said with a shrug.

The boys noticed the girls didn't go out much. They picked up on cues from their behavior—how they seemed overwhelmed at the store or around other people.

They figured it was because they didn't want to go out, but they also considered the possibility that maybe they weren't allowed to go out much.

"Well, let me suggest the fettuccine Alfredo. That's my favorite," Sebastian suggested.