Chapter .XI. UNSPOKEN TRUTHS

"Something made your eyes turn cold, and your body numb."

R A F A E L   V A L E N T I N E  POV

It had been three days since the girls and boys went shopping together. However, since their return, Juliet had isolated herself in her room, refusing to come out.

I couldn't shake off the growing worry that enveloped me as I noticed Juliet's troubled expression. The fear and sadness in her eyes were palpable.

I was aware that Juliet had a tendency to close herself off, but this time it felt different. She seemed more distant, disconnected from everything around her.

Even Marco had taken note of the change, and both Scarlet and he had tried to engage her in conversation, but she remained unresponsive.

Lost in my thoughts, my concern deepened. Worried about her well-being, I made my way towards the staircase, intending to reach her room. While I'd given her some space initially, it seemed apparent that it wasn't helping.

However, I accidentally collided with Violet, my path disrupted. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. Are you alright?" I inquired, making sure I hadn't unintentionally hurt her. She shook her head, a faint smile gracing her lips.

"I'm okay," she replied sweetly. "But what were you so focused on that you didn't even see me walking?"

"Just worried about your sister," I admitted, concern evident in my voice. "She's been acting strangely lately. Do you have any idea what might be going on?"

Violet's smile wavered for a moment, her expression darkening briefly before returning to normal.

"I'm sure she's fine. She's probably just in a bad mood, ignoring everyone. She's like that sometimes," Violet responded, a faint hint of annoyance and something else I couldn't quite decipher in her tone.

"Anyway, I think she's okay. If you want to see for yourself, go ahead," Violet shrugged, her attitude strangely distant. It was unlike her usual caring demeanor, but perhaps she was masking her concern for her sister.

Knocking on Juliet's door, I waited for a response, but none came. Deciding that I couldn't just stand there, I cautiously turned the doorknob and pushed the door open, peeking into her room. The lighting was dim, with only a faint glow filtering through the curtains.

Juliet sat at the edge of her bed, her back hunched, and her gaze fixed on the floor. I hesitated, unsure of how to approach her. Yet, her obvious distress couldn't be ignored any longer.

"Juliet," I called softly, my voice tinged with concern. "Is everything alright?" She remained silent, not even acknowledging my presence.

"Juliet, mi amor, you need to tell me what's wrong so I can help you," I pleaded, my desperation evident in my voice. I had let frustration cloud my judgment, forgetting that she couldn't communicate verbally.