Chapter. VI. OFFICE MEETING

A U T H O R S    P O V

A U T H O R S P O V

In Rafael's office, the girls gathered around a large mahogany desk, where the room exuded an air of authority with family portraits and bookshelves filled with thick volumes of literature. Rafael took his seat at the head of the desk, leaning back in his leather chair with a reassuring smile.

"First of all, I want to officially welcome you both to the Valentine family," Rafael began warmly. "I understand that this is a big adjustment for you, and I want you to know that we will do everything we can to make you feel at home here."

Juliet and Violet exchanged glances, and Juliet's hand trembled slightly as she clutched it in her lap. Violet nodded in appreciation, acknowledging Rafael's kind words.

"I know Dante has already informed me about your difficulty in speaking, Juliet," Rafael continued, his gaze gentle yet probing. "Is it by choice, or is there an underlying reason for it?"

Juliet hesitated for a moment, then nodded, indicating that there was a reason behind her silence. Neither of her sisters corrected her as she wrote down that she had suffered an injury as a child that prevented her from speaking.

He then turned his attention to Violet. "And what about you, Violet? Are there any particular challenges you've faced that you'd like to share?"

Violet considered his question for a moment, weighing her words carefully. "I've had my share of difficulties, but I've learned to be resilient and independent. I appreciate the opportunity to be here with my sister and have a chance at a new life," she replied, her voice steady and composed.

Rafael then addressed Scarlet, asking, "Scarlet love, how are you holding up?"

Scarlet stared at her father, seemingly at a loss for words. It was rare for anyone to question her about her mental state, and it took her by surprise, that in only a matter of hours, she was asked twice. Eventually, she managed to respond with a simple "I am fine."

Rafael wanted to delve deeper, knowing there was more to the story, but when he saw her eyes, he knew she couldn't say anything, at least not at that moment.

"Well, then I just want you three to know that you are family, and we are overjoyed to have you back into our lives," Rafael expressed warmly. "You have a place here, and I hope that you'll come to see us as your home."

As the conversation continued, Rafael discussed the details of their new school and the opportunities they would have to pursue their interests. He assured them that their well-being was a priority and encouraged them to express any concerns or desires they might have.

"I'd like to know about your previous school," Rafael inquired.

"We only attended in-person schooling in elementary school before being homeschooled," Violet replied.

Rafael raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Oh? And what led to the decision of homeschooling?"

"Our mother believed that homeschooling would offer a better education and assist us in managing our schedules," Violet explained.