chapter 48 :=}

I sigh as my mind blanks yet again while I try to answer this math question, too distracted to properly solve the equation. And I know exactly why.

Minho.

Convincing myself that I can totally just remove Minho from my life is not going well.

I don't know how I'm going to get over him. And it scares me.

But what scares me even more is that...I don't know if I want to.

On the bright side of this messy situation, my slump of depression and doing absolutely nothing is over, instead replaced by a sudden surge of productivity. I've been more focused on my studies than ever. I've managed to listen in class and take actually legible notes, and my understanding on basically every subject has deepened in the span of a few days. Believe it or not, for the first time, I've finished all of my homework.

But on the down side...

ding!

I lean over to check the message notification I just received.

Sooyun 💛💛
what do you want for your birthday?

"Minho."

That's the first thought that springs to my head, before I can even fully read the message.

I shake my head around furiously, both in an attempt to get the thought out of my head and to deny it to myself.

"That's not true." I say out loud.

But deep down, I know it's true.

Deep down, I have to admit that I miss Minho more than anything. Despite everything he's done, I miss the cute and scary moments we shared and the kind person he was.

The kind person that is supposedly back. With an apology.

I'm never going to forgive him.

Me 💜💜
nothing.

~flashback, yesterday~

Yeona woke up with a sudden epiphany.

These past few days have been absolutely shit.

It took her too long to realize how big of a slump she had fallen into. She literally didn't do anything for days. She hadn't listened to a single thing in class. She hadn't gone outside at all. She'd been forgetting to eat and drink and sleep. And she'd barely even talked.

Today was the day that changed.

Yeona woke up with intention, vowing that today she wouldn't waste her hours away. She would  go to school, pay attention and learn.

Maybe it'll even help me forget about everything.

That hope was short-lived.

Not even a minute after she entered the school, she heard a voice call out her name.

"Yeons!"

Not her name. Her nickname.

Only one person calls her that.

Panic kindling inside her, she began to walk faster. She didn't even have to turn around to know who was following her.

"Yeons, wait!"

As she tried to get away from the voice, her brain couldn't help but register the fact that he sounded...different. Not different, just normal. He sounded kinder. He sounded like he did before.