chapter 39 >:)

"Sooyun!"

"Yeona!"

I break into a sprint, running towards my adorable looking best friend and tackling her in a hug.

"You look so awesome!" I squeal, admiring her Mario costume.

"You look so awesome!" she responds, referring to my matching Luigi outfit.

We look awesome.

We had been planning to match for Halloween embarrassingly early, months before the actual date, and we DIY'd our costumes together. But we never wore them side by side until now, and it looks perfect.

"We need to take a picture." I say.

"Wait," Sooyun says, looking me up and down, "you're missing something."

"What?" I ask as I was about to pull out my phone.

I wait as Sooyun fiddles with something in her pocket. She pulls out two black furry things.

She hands me one of them, and that's when I realize what it is I'm holding: a fake mustache.

"OH MY GOSH YES! You're amazing, Yunnie!" I exclaim as I remove the adhesive to stick it on the groove between my cupids bow and nose.

"You're welcome." she grins, doing the same.

I pull out my phone and admire the two of us in the camera.

"Now it's perfect."

I take a bunch of selfies of the two of us, and then promptly tap on the new pictures. To my delight, I'm satisfied with them all. We look so goofy, yet so fun and cute together.

I walk up to a random person to ask them to take a picture of us. Their back is turned, and all I can make out is a chef's hat topped on their head.

"Yeah?" they turn around as I tap them on the shoulder.

"Could you...HELP—"

"What??" the chef asks, confused.

It takes me a moment, but I now remember that Minho told me what he and his friends would be dressing up as a few days ago.

"H-hi Chan." I gasp in a fit of laughter.

"Dude, what's so funny? Do I look stupid?"

"I mean...no..."

Chan scoffs with a smile. "Rude. Anyways, what do you want?"

"No! You look great! Very chefy. uM, could you take a picture of Sooyun and I?"

He stares at me before smiling wider, Simple's coming into view.

"Fine. You guys look great too."

"Thank you!" I exclaim as we decide on a pose.

We decide to lean against each other, arms crossed with one leg raised, feet connecting at the soles. He snaps a few photos, taking time to capture a variety of angles. When he returns the phone, I try very hard to hold in my laugh.