Chapter Twenty Six - Slushie Guys

P.o.v Josh

"Hey Ty, wake up! It's already 5pm"

"huh.." he said with eyes closed, shirtless and scruffy hair.

"Babe, come on or else I'm leaving you here."

"Okay okay, I'm up, where are we going?" He put a shirt on inside out, ram his fingers through his hair and washed his face.

"We're going outside."

"I don't want to face anyone today.."

"Baby... I'm right here. If anyone bothers you, I've got this."

Tyler and I had put off the wedding for another month because he's been slipping away from happiness. I promised him we'd get out of this mess.

"Come on babe, grab your ski mask."

"We don't have a show why do I nee.."

"Shush Tyler."

I took him out for lunch. He didn't eat much but he ate enough to keep him well and that's all that mattered. After that, I drove us to see what was at the July festival. There was games, carnival rides, a stage and food venues everywhere.

The day was scheduled for rain so we did a little bit of everything. Watched some musicians, rode the Ferris wheel and small games. Ty could barely smile, it was really upsetting me.

"Babe? Can we go home.."

"What's up Ty?"

"I don't feel too well."

"Well I have one more thing planned.."

"Josh, it's almost 10pm.."

"The fireworks go off in 30 minutes Ty."

"Okay, maybe those will make the day brighter." He said with a smile as he grabbed my hand.

Ten minutes pass as we talked and let everything out. It started to down pour, hail, trees blew around.

"Josh... They're going to cancel.. Check what your phone says."

The website said they cancelled but I had another thing scheduled after the fireworks..

"Tyler, come on."

"They're cancelled.. Great.. Let's go to bed forever."

I drove into the baseball parking lot. Grabbed my skeleton jacket and walked outside. Tyler sat in the car confused, I made a motion of putting a mask on and a sign to come out.

He put it on, I grabbed his hand and we ran to the doors.

"Is it locked? Why are we here?"

"I have a key. Come on babe lets go let loose."

We ran throughout the rainy stadium, I let out a snort and he instantly laughed hard. But a frown came out again. His sadness was painful to watch.

We sat in a box and watched the rain pour down and he told me how his insecurities still get the best of him and that blurryface talks to him.

"I'm sorry Tyler... Before we met, blurryface would talk me down everyday, he wanted me dead but just enough where I'm still alive. But when I met you he left.. I felt like I could be myself around you. I didn't mean for him to get inside..."

"Babe... I understand what you're saying but I was like this my entire life. I can't explain or give a reason. But uh.. Why is there a stage set up in the field?"

"Oh hehe, come with me!" I grabbed his hand and led him to backstage. I had a microphone in my pocket.

We got down there and he was like a kid going to their first warped tour. He noticed the piano and drum set set out.