Chapter Three - Friendship

P.o.v Josh

I had waited in the hallway until I saw Tyler. I knew my friends didn't like him but he seemed like the rebellious kid I needed to get back at my parents. I asked him if he wanted to return the CD after school and maybe go eat with the money. He said that was fine but his head was low.

"Dude what's up?"

"Why would it matter?"

"Because you're sad, I know you barely know me but I can tell when things are wrong and that's not cool. I care."

"Well.. This girl that I've been crushing on noticed me and she thought I was a freshman and she and her friends just laughed at my awkwardness."

"Aha, I uhhh.... I thought you were queer. A lot of kids talk about you. Hahaha-"

"Am I laughing? Is something funny?"

"Whoa I'm sorry bro.."

The bell rang and I returned to my seat and glanced over to Tyler noticing that he fell asleep. Did I fuck up? He hasn't woken up yet. I may invite him to lunch and see what's up...

My friends greeted me in the hall, they asked what I had said to Tyler. I told them the kid owed me money and they called him a faggot. I didn't know what to do, lose my good friends or lose some kid I met a few days ago, I played along.

I told them I wouldn't be at lunch today, I had secretly followed Tyler to wherever the hell he goes. He was so fast then stopped quickly but I hadn't processed it yet and continued running, he laughed at my stupidity.

"Are you following me?"

"I just thought maybe we could be friends?"

"Do you like taco bell?"

"Yes!"

"Everyday I go behind the school, I fell asleep the past few days but I'm going up this hill to taco bell. I'm starving"

"I mean, I have a car, but we can uh, walk."

He was slow, I ran up the hill faster than him.

"Dude are we hiking?" he yelled behind me.

"I think so!"

"Dude this is SICK!"

"So SICK!"

When we got there we both got some tacos, nachos and Baja blast. Outside of school Tyler is cool as fuck. Why is he so quiet all the time?

"So tell me Josh. What's up with the NOFX CD?"

"Well my parents hate me going down to that store so I try to sneak down there when I have the money to buy new music that the tattooed guy recommends.."

"so you're a rebel? You seem so, so...so-"

"Jocky? Goody two shoes? Not punk?"

"Ahaha yeah, snapbacks and bro tanks guy."
"Well I'll have you know 'snapbacks and bro tanks guy' is learning the drums."

"That's so punk rock of you." he said it sarcastically.

We skipped our last two classes and chilled in the gym because it's empty till 3:00pm. He picked up a basketball and started throwing freethrows like no other, he looked like he could be picked for NBA! I can barely make one every four shots. I knew basketball season was coming up and I needed to tell coach about him.

We did the same thing on Saturday.

Tyler surprisingly asked me for a ride home and so I gave him one, that's what friends do.