Chapter Eighteen - Christmas

P.o.v Josh

Our tour was over. Tyler and I had been together for about two years now. Our families got together and we're happy to see each other. Tyler had a Santa hat on and was distributing gifts from the tree.

It was dark and I had been sitting for an hour, still, trying not to move. I heard everyone's happiness of getting a gift and Tyler had said,

"Has anyone seen Josh, I know he wouldn't miss this..."

"He got stuck in traffic. I had sent him to get some things." His mom said.

It's damn near 10:00pm, Josh wouldn't miss Christmas, he loves you all so much."

They opened almost all of their gifts and saved the biggest for last. I couldn't wait to get out.

"Okay Tyler, open yours!!" My dad said with what sounded like he had a huge grin and my mom I knew was recording.

He struggled to open the box, my siblings wrapped it in five rolls of duct tape and left a breathing hole. They knew what I was about to do... his family did not.

"Jeez, who wrapped this? I may not want to even open it.."

once he took the lid off, the box collapsed and it was me on my knee.

"Tyler Jo" he had to take a step back and sit down, he was crying.

"Tyler Joseph, I know we've been dating for two years, friends for longer and doing music forever. You have made me the happiest of men. The story unfolds, you should take my life, you should take my soul...will you marry me?"

Everyone was so happy, he looked at his family. They weren't upset. they were glad for him, I had asked his parents for their blessing months ago. He wiped his eyes and gave me a big hug. I stood up, put the ring on his finger and kissed him for such a long time.

Joshua Joseph, Tyler Dun, I didn't know what would happen... maybe we'd keep our names. He was mine. He is mine. He always will be mine.

The proposal was a success. He was shaking when he hugged me. I had to hold him tight to affirm things will be okay. Time felt frozen. I was glad his arms would be mine forever. he jumped and wrapped his legs around me and I held on to him.

He whispered I love you in my ear and kissed my neck. Now we were both crying.

My mom wanted our rings on camera so she came up and recorded our hands locking into one another.

He gave me life. I didn't know if we should come out to the fans. The couple at our last Canada show knew... we kept in contact with them. they actually live four blocks away.

The entire night Tyler was super clingy. He got me a gift too. It wasn't marriage but it was more hairdye, drumsticks, cola and lots of cute words in a letter. I can't share the letter with anyone he said but it was the best ever.

"Josh hasn't had a coke in four months!" he said excitingly.

"glug glug glug glug glug" his friend made the drinking noise.

I'm glad he got me what he did.

I was so happy to have it official. I could tell he was too. His parents made him play Christmas songs and we all sang together. He played the piano with such passion... but his Christmas sweater couldn't fool me.

Tyler had scars on his left wrist. when he plays he pushes his sleeves up. no one was sitting around him but me.

"Tyler...your sleeve..." I had whispered. he looked down and ashamed but continued playing with a smile. He didn't want to disappoint anyone. How could my fiance keep that from me?

It was on my mind for the remainder of the night. the littler kids had ventured off to play and eventually fall asleep. As for us adults we started getting drinks out and sharing stories. Ty and I hadn't felt old enough for that so we got to watch the kids.

Once they all fell asleep Tyler opened up again.

"Time heals nothing but the words people can't think of. It's almost like I'm in a continuous cycle. One week they love me and the next I'm a goner. The scars are better than the thoughts Josh... I don't know what to do... I need help but see these kids? they're amazing. I don't want them to meet the real world. I don't want them to grow up. I don't want them to see that your worst enemy is the one inside your head. Josh..."

I had a blank face, I knew what had happen. It all came clear to me... Blurryface was using his good heart. Ty didn't deserve it...

"Tyler I'm so sorry."

"Don't worry babe... at least I have you." He smiled so big.

"Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit." he wiped his eyes and whispered,

"Can you save my heavy dirty soul, for me?"

"I love you Tyler. I won't ever let anything bad happen to you."

We had gone back out and all the adults were gathered around the t.v. Ty and I went into the kitchen and grabbed some extra food and headed up to his room.

"So Santa, where's my present?" Tyler said with a smirk.

"Babe not now, what if someone comes in?"

"Santa, I've been too naughty to care who walks in that door. Care to treat me?"

He sat on my lap and grinded against me...I had a boner.

"Ho ho ho Well, what would you like for Christmas Tyler?"

He pushed me down and said, "you" as he pulled his shirt off, I wasn't going to stop now. I rubbed his chest and laughed it off. He took my snapback and put it on, I put his Santa hat on.

"You've been such a naughty boy" I winked at him and took my shirt off. he started to unbutton me as he said,

"What do bad boys get Mr. Clause?"

"Bad boys get coal, but uh I don't have any of that."

"Well you've got something else rock hard for me." As he grabbed and fit around his mouth.

The rest of the night went down in history.