Chapter Six - Parents Are Back

P.o.v Tyler

One week went by so quickly, that Sunday night I had gotten so depressed, I relapsed. Josh and I had been texting that whole night but I couldn't tell him what was going on.

School came and my parents we're fighting, fighting about things you'd never think would go on in my home. I decided to leave and start walking, I was crying and I couldn't see. Josh stopped and asked if he could pick me up. We weren't To far so I said why not.

We pulled up to school and he stared at me.

"Dude what?!"

"Don't think I don't know, I'm not dumb."

He pulled my arm and all my cuts were exposed. I didn't know what to say, I shuffled out of his car and ran straight for the gym. I was so mad I started throwing freethrows until the rack ran out of basketballs, missing one would infuriate me.

I didn't notice anyone else in the gym... They were all surprised I made 36 shots. The coach came and talked to me and Josh came in and told him I'd be good for the team...

I needed this, I couldn't go back home right away. The season was coming up in a few months i could push through till then.

Class started and I went behind the school to fall asleep but Josh had followed me and said he didn't care if he were marked absent.

"So what happened last night?"

"My parents came home and It was just the usual Sunday night...."

"I see, well my house is stress free."

"I wish we could turn back time yaknow?"

"Yeah, being a kid were the good old days.."

"Josh?"

"Tyler?"

"Why do you care?"

"Can I tell you something?"
---------------------------------------------
P.o.v Josh

I didn't want to tell him, I tried to hold back the tears and swallow my uneasy breath. This was a part of me I had to deal with...

"Blurryface..."

"Blurry who?"

"I can't tell you now, it's hard to talk about but I care what you think."

"...Blurryface."

I knew what he was thinking, I had never told anyone about it.

We had skipped the whole day and I drove him home, he let me come in because he was unsure if he'd be okay. His room was set up as if he had ocd, everything was in order except the papers by his piano, he noticed me looking around and tucked something under his bed.

"What's that?"

"It's just a journal, nothing too shabby."

I wanted to see it, I wanted inside his head, everything that breaks him down. For once I wanted to be like someone.

His parents came home and immediately got into an argument, he told me that it's been that way for a while and he was looking forward to leaving.

"Why don't you join the basketball team? Everyday after school and I would be there."

"I'm taking a serious consideration but these kid's on the team aren't who I want to be..."

"Its not about who you want to be, it's not about being a jock or athlete. It's about doing something you're good at and something your parents will be proud to see... It might bring them closer together."

He smiled, holding it back and started shaking his head,

"Okay, yes," he said biting his lip, "okay" with a big grin.

"Okay? Aha" I said relieved to know my new best friend would be happier.

"I have a drumset in my closet, I never had intentions of playing but I learned to play a bit.. It's an SJC set."

I got them out and fell in love, just the sound of playing a real set, the feel of them and all in all, SJC would be my favorite brand. He sat at his piano looking over at me and said,

"Play what you did before, I'll come in a few measures."

We both began playing, he said play mezzo piano and crescendo after a bar line and he started to sing,

I'd die for you, that's easy to say

We have a list of people that we would take

A bullet for them, a bullet for you

A bullet for everybody in this room

But I don't seem to see many bullets coming through

See many bullets coming through

Metaphorically, I'm the man

But literally, I don't know what I'd do

I'd live for you, and that's hard to do

Even harder to say when you know it's not true

Even harder to write when you know that tonight

There are people back home which are talking to you

But then you ignore them still

All these questions they're forming like

Who would you live for?

Who would you die for?

And would you ever kill?

It was amazing and I just let the beat come to my mind. He stopped because he couldn't finish the song.

I had left and those words were stuck in my head. I had thought of what could come after the questions.

oh, I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride

And then I fell asleep..