Chapter One - First Day

P.o.v Tyler

"Mom?! Dad?!

I had woken up confused; alone.

I can't eat, school is starting and I'm afraid if I go on a full stomach my nerves will come back up. How great would that be?

I got up, nobody's home, the shower felt so good knowing I could be in here for an hour. I had found my most socially accepted outfit, not like I want to be seen anyway, and I started walking to school.

Oh my God. In every class the teacher made me stand up and introduce myself, age and what I want to be. I had said, "Hey, my name is Tyler, I'm 18, and I'm still figuring that out myself.." most kids would mumble something, words like "faggot, queer, nobody" The teachers disregarded the comments and I sunk in my chair in every class. Luckily for me, I found ways to sneak out before the bell rang.

Lunch had begun. I had no idea where to sit. You had your average tables, the jocks, popular kids, math geeks, artists, freshman, goths, larp kids and rebels. Did I really fit into any of them? They all knew where to sit so they filled up fast. I had grabbed lunch and went outside. I knew this would be my routine for the rest of the year. I finished and ended up falling asleep in the grass, I woke up to a kick in the back.

"Hey faggot, wake up! Schools out."

"You should know you don't belong, guys keep him down. He's got cash in his bag!"

His friends kicked me several times while he took the bit of cash I had on me. They ran off when I sprung up. I limped home that day. Dropped my bag off and showered. The swelling went down but the pain in my chest continued. I went to the piano and played until my fingers got weak and went to bed.
--------------------------------------------------
P.o.v Josh

"Good morning hun. Breakfast is on the table, your lunch is in the fridge and there's an extra bag incase you're still hungry when you come home."

"Ah sweet! Thanks Mom, love you." I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

I got up, put on a shirt looked in the mirror and put on my newest snapback. Damn, did I look good. I got in my car and drove off, I'm a senior now, best parking always!

Its like school never ended, I found my friends and we talked for hours, well it felt like it. They had noticed a new kid in our first class and had wondered who he was. He was wearing a skeleton jacket with no shirt and black skinnies that looked too tight for him.

"I think he's one of those emo faggot wannabes."

"Dude... Come on." I said quietly because I knew he heard him.

Class began and the teacher introduced him. I had remembered exactly what he said,

"Hey, my name is Tyler, I'm 18, and I'm still figuring that out myself.."

That last sentence got to me because I didn't know who I wanted to be...

My friend mumbled queer, I laughed along because he's the new kid it's basically a duty at this school. They would've stopped talking to me if I stood up for him.

Lunch came and I immediately found the basketball team, I'm only their manager and basically water guy. But they're chill.

They were all talking about their new shoes, whatever. We ate and I headed to class.

My last class of the day I have with that new Tyler kid too. I forget his last name but it was a first name. Aha- he didn't show? I had wondered why. Maybe he was fed up with school.

As I got home, I put my bag down and went to the fridge.

"Fuck yeah! Taco bell!"

My mom is the best. I went to my room to practice the drums, listen to music, do my homework and have time to chill.