Intro - Meeting Joshua

P.o.v Josh

"Joshua William Dun where the hell were you?!"

"Why does is matter?"

"Because I'm concerned about you and you didn't show for church...What's that under your shirt??"

" *sigh* it's a NOFX CD, and no I didn't steal it I just tucked it in my pants because I didn't want to hold it."

"NOFX? We don't want you listening to this music! You're better than this son..."

"Better than this? It's good music! Sorry I'm not your favorite child, sorry you don't want me around!" I said slamming my door.

I put in headphones and started playing on my makeshift drumset, I'm teaching myself but it's better than listening to my parents tell me who to be.

I heard her knocking and screaming my name, so I played louder.

I can't wait to move out, just one more year of school and then I'm college bound. No nagging parents, no sisters fighting over the bathroom mirror, no house with thin walls, who knows, maybe no more Ohio.

I love my family, they just give me so much shit for being different.

Yeah I'll show you guys...

I'll be 19 in June, I can drive and my school year will scare you so much. They won't even see it coming.

School starts tomorrow, I better get my bag together, or better yet, hit the weights. The girls in Columbus, Ohio are really pretty.

I peaked my head down the stairwell and saw my mother with her reading glasses on,

"Mom, I'm sorry and I love you, it's just every time yo-" she cut me off...

"Josh, you are my child, I love you just as much as I love Jordan and just as much as I love Ash and Abbi, there are just times when I am frustrated and I need to work on that.."

"Goodnight Mom."

I went to my room, undressed and got in bed. I stared at the ceiling for hours until I couldn't keep my eyes open, they slowly closed, opened, closed, and I let the sound of the rain and the thought of school starting wash me away that night.