Chapter Twenty One - Pilots

P.o.v Josh

Our album is complete... The next step was getting it out to people. We had leaked a few songs but not all of them. It was a lot of away time from the road but these next two years we had planned out to be the greatest.

I went to the hospital to pick up Tyler and he was so happy to see me. I had never seen a smile so big, other than my own. We had gone out to get some chipotle and once again he took my snapback but I had a spare hat in my back seat.

I put it on and he just kind of sat there at first.

"wh-what hat is that?"

"Something new, I thought it was cool.."

"Can I have it?! I'll give you your snapback baby..."

He put it on and it suit him really well, red was his color. I didn't even want it, it was a gift for him. We got food and started talking.

"How was it in there?"

"Hell. People think units help others but no. You get put in a building with a bunch of crazy strangers who think you hate them but in the end you all think you hate each other. You can't sleep because of the fear of something going wrong, you can't eat, you can't do things on your schedule, I hated myself more. The only good part was the counseling, it was a group of four people that you agreed to be with. They became the only ones I talked to. We figured everything out about each other.. I wish you were there... I just wouldn't want you to see me like that."

"I understand babe. Can I ask you something?"

"Anything Josh."

"How would you feel about going on tour with Fall Out Boy?"

"What...?!"

"Yeah our manager set it up and I think it would be fun."

"Uhm.. Yes!!"

We continued our conversation for hours about nonsense. I was happy he was happy. He called our manager and thanked for the tour. He then called the band and they were stoked too.

I drove us home. Yes home, to our house, with our cars and our bed and our things. I know it wasn't the plan but I had a lot of money in my savings to buy a house. His parents helped me move his things and I was able to get mine myself. They were really proud of us and told me about his childhood. Tyler was always a "do it now" and "go, go, go" kid. They were so sure he'd move out right after he graduated but his depression sunk in and the reality of living alone set in him. I was almost in tears when they told me how he'd be in his room for weeks, but I had told them,

" I know Tyler has been through hardship and yes there have been times were you guys felt there was no hope for him to change. But that's why I proposed to him. I love him so much, and I love you guys even more. The home away from home. The greatest in-laws I could ever ask for. I will protect your son, and make him whole again. I felt that moving in with him would allow this situation to not happen again... He doesn't deserve the fear of himself."

"You're such a good man Josh. Thank you, now let's go see that house of yours." his mom was really nice about it.

We unboxed everything two days before Ty got out. Exchanged hugs and I fell asleep on our couch.

"Josh this isn't my house..."

"Oh, you're right babe... It's not."

"How could you get that wrong babe, you come over everyday!!"

"It's not your house, but come inside."

"Who's is it?"

"You'll find out hun."

I grabbed his hand and we walked up the door and opened it.

"Surprise!!"

Our parents were there, siblings, their families, grandparents, friends, Ohio fans and the three from his counselling group...it was hard to get them there but they allowed it.

"Josh...you bought this house?" he hugged me and wiped his eyes and immediately went to socialize.

"Dad, I love you so much."

"I love you too Tyler, your mother and I are so proud of you...he's a keeper."

I overheard him talking, I was glad everyone understood Tyler was shook up. We had a grill out but it slowly died and Tyler and I cleaned up.

He sat on the couch and as always I sat right next to him.

"What do you think baby?"

"I love it... And I love you."

That got me so red, his lips were asking to be kissed. I couldn't help but bite my own and stare at him speak. He literally didn't feel like a fiance, he felt like crush that I still had. He was talking about something he heard on the radio and I pulled him over me and kissed him. He smiled and said,

"So, care to give me a tour?"

He has everyday for a tour.

I grabbed his hand and led him upstairs. I pinned him against the wall and kissed him softly. When I pulled away he leaned in with a slight moan for more. I opened the door and he got excited. It wasn't our bedroom, it was our music room.

I was able to get a recording studio in our room. We could record things and send them to our producer. Tyler fell in love. We still had his keyboard and my SJC drums but I bought him a new piano and new electric drums.

We got five recordings done that day and sent them in to be fixed. Ty was like a kid in a candy store. Only sweeter.

This tour was going to be sick as frick.
Everything is falling into place, we've got a house, happy family, love, the band, the clique, everything I could ever ask for laying right next to me.

He was really exhausted from being in care, I know he wanted sleep so I rolled over and wrapped him in my arms. The smell of Tyler is like a scent of paradise, and it was all mine. He fell asleep on his side and I smiled at the thought of our future. It was too good to be true.

He started sweating, I was really tired and couldn't keep my eyes open. He was mumbling and shaking his head back and forth. I whispered,

"Babe.. Baby wake up.."

"Josh... I love you so much."

"I love you too Ty, it was just a nightmare boo, don't pay any mind."

"You're the greatest J."

"I know babe, let's get some sleep.. Come here." I pulled him closer and gave him a big long kiss.

We fell asleep to the sound of our heart's introspective beat..

Tyler fell asleep with a smile bigger than mine.