Chapter Ten - Truce

P.o.v Josh

I saved him... I saved my best friend from dying, from the friend in his mind. I fell asleep with him in my arms that night.

I was so afraid he'd pass out so I put my chest against his back to feel his heart beat, it was on the and of mine. I rubbed his head to calm his nerves and when he fell asleep, I got up and started writing.

Writing wordless words just to fill the space but they meant nearly everything to me. I wrote about how cute his smile looked when he tried to hide it, his voice when he talked with a rasp, how I loved the way he closed his eyes and shook his head when he raps.

Blurryface kept trying to tell me to quit writing.. I wanted him to go, to just leave me alone.

I continued to write. Until my hand fell off, my last bit had been.

"I know this seems hard to believe, but you're really cute when you dream in your sleep. Good morning Ty, I hope you slept okay. Be my boyfriend, what do you say?
xoxo, Josh.
P.s. I'm downstairs with breakfast.."

I put the letter in his bag where his clothes were. Fell asleep on the couch with the intentions to leave that morning to get taco bell. He liked having taco bell for breakfast a lot...

I had asked him. I put it in a letter and asked him. That's all I could think about that night. Being Tyler's was the only thing on my mind. I didn't care about my parents, my old friends, the school, his parents. I cared for Tyler and I loved him and I was straight but sooooo Tyler love crazy. That kiss we had, the feel of his lips, the taste of his neck, the feel of our bodies in synch and our heart's playing each other's beat. I wanted that forever. I wanted his smile, his laugh, his everything forever.

I couldn't help but smile while dreaming of him. I hope he was okay, he was sound asleep when the night came to an end.

He was on my mind the way musicians think of music in daily life, the same way artist think of a colored canvas when everyone else sees blank. But the hours quickly passed and I had got up to buy taco bell.

I got in my car and drove off.. Tyler gets up in and hour, he'll shower and hopefully I have breakfast set by then... I ordered his favorite and then stopped at the school to tell our counselor what had been going on.

I blurted everything, I knew Tyler wouldn't of liked that but she offered that we'd be homeschooled for the time being. It was our senior year... I wasn't going to allow it at first but it's what's best. She said we could still go to school events and as long as we turned in the homework that they did in class but online, we'd be fine.

I was okay with that answer and drove home excited to see him and maybe get an answer?