Chapter Five - Sunday Migraine

P.o.v Josh

And I will say that we should take a day to break away,

From all the pain our brain has made,

The game is not played alone.

And I will say that we should take a moment and hold it,

And keep it frozen and know that,

Life has a hopeful undertone.

Tyler is such a good writer, I over looked his shoulder while we were praying and saw him writing a song he called 'Migraine.'

"Pssst, listen to the sermon Tyler..."

He put the journal away and opened his ears. His eyes had squinted as he cleared his throat to hear him speak. This was the first time he'd been in a church, I didn't want to pressure him but at the same time my parents were there and I told them he was a sad kid so I became his friend, I also told them he hangs at the record store daily. But he cleans up well, I had on a bow tie with my favorite button up shirt and of course I needed my snapback! Tyler had a button up with anchors, my mom found it amusing.

Once church was over we ended with a closing song. I didn't know Tyler could sing, I mean I knew he was musically inclined but, Jesus fuck! He sounded better than the frontmen on the radio.

"It was a pleasure having you join us Tyler."
"Heh...thanks, your son is a good friend, I'm glad to have joined."

"He's a good boy who needs a good girl in his life. Aha, only messing with you Joshy, take your time finding her."

We got to my house and I led Tyler to show him my room. Pretty spacey. He noticed the keyboard in my closet and dug it out. I haven't touched it in years but he picked it up like it was played yesterday.

"What's that you're playing? It's got a nice beat."

"Oh, I've been working on a song.."

"Hold on play it again!?"

I had sat behind my makeshift drum set and started playing a good beat that fit best. He smiled and continued to play and even sing. By the time he stopped I just faded out and he asked to go home.

I got my keys and we headed out. He was very determined to write something down. We got to his house said goodbyes and he darted for the door.

Am I gay? Or do I just enjoy the company of Tyler?