Chapter Sixteen - Fueled By

P.o.v Josh

He came home with a CD in his hand he threw his backpack down ran up and jumped in my arms. He was back... I had told him about my job.

"shsh, follow me." he led me to my player in my room.

Doubt

Scared of my own image

Scared of my own immaturity

Scared of my own ceiling

Scared I'll die of uncertainty

Fear might be the death of me

Fear leads to anxiety

Don't know what's inside of me

Don't forget about me

Even when I doubt you

I'm no good without you, no, no

"Tyler, I missed you, so fucking much... come downstairs!!"

"Josh, I'm tired.."

"Well just come down for five minutes. please babe?"

"Josh do the noise!!"

I rolled my eyes back, put my tongue up and leaned backwards. He laughed really hard and agreed to come.

"Hey Mom, dad, you remember Tyler? We have really important news."

"What?! What is it?"

Tyler looked at me on the edge, he was really nervous with what I was about to say.

"You may want to sit down for this."

They sat in the recliners and me and Tyler sat on the couch. there was so much couch available but like I did before he sat right next to me.

"Mom...Dad... our band Twenty One Pilots... it's official."

They stood up with excitement and Tyler was almost in tears.

"What?! When and how?..." he said.

"You know that job at Guitar Center? I was playing the drums on my break and a guy came up to me and said, you're pretty good. I told him we were in a band and played him some of our music. We got signed.."

"To who? To who?" Tyler was full of so much joy. it made me happy.

"We got signed to Fueled By Ramen. They got us to play 'Tear In My Heart' on Jimmy Kimmel."

My parents got up hugged us, my mom kissed our cheeks.

"Well...sit back down.."

This is something I've been wanting to tell you for forever now..."

I looked at Tyler and he knew exactly what I was going to say. we had been together for so long now, I couldn't keep it a secret. I saw forever with him, I still see it. I want my family to accept our relationship, because I plan on getting an apartment and I'd like to ask Ty and maybe get a cat or dog and have a bed that we can jump on and a music room. I don't know...all these things I saw, I blurted out.

"Tyler is my boyfriend and we've been together since the morning after he ran away and he came to our home... His parents don't know yet. I figured you guys would be more understanding..."

I sighed and just looked at Tyler and back at my parents eager for a response.

"Josh... I thought he was just a friend? We raised you kids in this house with all the love in the world, when you were a baby we took care of you, we still do, this household is Christian. Where did we go wrong? Are we not giving you the love you're looking for? is this you rebelling? Give me a valid reason..."

"Mom, I'm an adult. I found a nice condo I could afford after we go on tour with FBR. Love is love, Tyler was there when no one else was. No girl has cared like he has... I know you love me and I'll always love you. Look, I know were Christian but this is my choice. I still can accept God in my life and Tyler will find him in the small things.. I know it's hard... Let me lI've life guys. accept that?"

My mom started to work up some words to start an argument..

"Okay son Tyler.. Welcome to the family!" My dad said as he stood up and firmly shook his hand and brought him in for a hug.

She stood up and apologized.

"I'm sorry Tyler, it's nice to have you. Let's celebrate?"

She had made dinner and Tyler felt welcome. my mom makes the best food.

Our second tour begins soon so we needed to think of how we were going to tell Tyler's family...