Chapter Nineteen - Not Today

P.o.v Tyler

I woke up cold with black eyes. I was in an all white amphitheater. I didn't know where. But every step I took red would appear and my hands and neck would get a shade blacker. I was pacing back and forth, running in circle and falling over myself. I thought I was insane. But I then knew...

I was dead.

"Aghhhh!!!" I screamed until I couldn't anymore.

The entire room was now red. Once complete, I fell. Into a black room. Every step I took was white and it was an infinite cycle of painting rooms. Until I said enough.

I woke up, It was just a bad dream...

"Josh wake up now!!"

"Not today... now can you shut the curtains?" He rolled over and fell asleep.

I tore them down, open the windows and went downstairs to scream.

This guy was sitting at my piano, I couldn't see his face, that's when I knew it was the Blurryface Josh was talking about.

"You're out of my mind..."

"Hello Tyler."

"No, no, no... You aren't seeing my side..."

"Come on Tyler, you're better off. Come here."

I ran away from him, out the window. He caught up pretty well. People were looking at me like I'm crazy.

"What are you running from?" one asked.

"What's the deal?" an old man shouted.

"You're crazy!" a little kid screamed.

Things started to get blurry, I wasn't seeing things right. I had to keep running. For my life, for everything. That shout had made me come to the realization that this was blurryface trying to get to me. He tried getting inside my head. He became who I feel right now. He has escaped Josh's mind and is now escaping mine. He's too powerful. His energy was destroying the both of us.

"You're weak Tyler!! Quit running and I can make it all better again...come on, we've been through so much together... You can't live without me."

"You are out of my mind Blurryface... You aren't seeing my side... You waste all this time trying to get to me but you are out of my mind; my imagination, not real, stop trying to get inside."

"Come to the piano and write about me... It'll be okay Tyler... I would never do anything to harm you... It's all you controlling your hands, heart and voice. Play a new song... They need the music"

He took us back to the house, I didn't believe people could teleport, could see their mind, their inner demons face-to-face. Then again, I didn't believe anything I saw on t.v.

"Oh blurryface..."

"Yes my dear Tyler?"

"Don't you test me now!! Just because I play the piano, doesn't mean I am not willing to take you down!!"

He glared at me.. "...i'm sorry." I mumbled.

I waste so much time trying to run away from him it's just so hard but he invites me to writes more music. He grabbed my hands and they turned black and I started playing. And then he grabbed my neck it went invisible then turned black and I started to sing,

"Bababa bababa, Noooo, not today, not today, not today, not today, oh no no, oh no, ooooh"

He had frowned and stared at me...

"Tyler wake up. I'm inside. I'm back in. I caught you."

I woke up in my bed terrified. I shook my head,

"Tyler what happened? Did you have a bad dr-"

"I don't know why I just feel I'm better off staying in the same room I was born in.
I look outside see a whole world better off without me in it trying to transform it.
You are outta my mind oh ooh,
You aren't seeing my side oh ooh,
You waste all this time tryna get to me,
But you are outta my mind. Yeah."

"what?!" Josh said. I got up and ran to my piano.

Listen I know this ones a contradiction because of how happy it sounds... But the lyrics are so down. It's okay though because it represents, wait, better yet, it is who I feel I am right now...

Josh stared at me in sleepy confusion.

"Ty d-d-did I do something?" he stuttered

I started clapping my hands,

Heard you say, "Not today"

Tore the curtains down, windows open

Now make a sound

Heard your voice, there's no choice

Tore the curtains down, windows open

Now make a sound

"JOSH! Come play this beat.."

I gave him the rhythm and he followed greatly. It just needed something else...guitar, bass, something, I'd need my keyboard. We finished and he asked me,

"Babe, what's this about?"

"Blurryface came to me in a dream.. I didn't believe it at first but then it all came to me. It all pieced together. He's insecurities holding me back but the same that makes me write more.

"Ty that makes no sense."

"Let me slow it down for you." I sang what I dreamt of and he needed to take a step back.

"Let's go get taco bell... To be honest I'm hungry as fuck."

"Aha okiedokie Josh." I grabbed my keys and got in my new car. It was a gift from our manager. We got him a sick gift.

This song was real... I wanted to take the other songs we started and finish them. I felt a new album coming.

Baja blast is life. Josh ordered so much. Where does he store it? He's so skinny, but so am I... Blurryface had finally shown himself to us and we had something to look forward to. I know Josh has seen him before but this was my first experience. He game me so much anxiety. I was scared but the more insecure I am, the more energy he has to take control of the dark parts of my thoughts. That's why we were always so cold...

The day went on the nights got darker...

Blurryface can take on anyone at this point. Our music was his portal to channel through listeners... He means no harm. He is our insecurities only, what scares you most is what he'll show...

We had often talked to him. Asked him things about life, I didn't want him gone. I wanted to depend on him. I felt as if he could save us and once bad happened overpowering him was a goal.

After all he cared what I thought...