Chapter Eight - Lane Boy

P.o.v Tyler

Our music had gotten a lot popular with the kids who were called outcast in our town. Nick and Chris were good guys in the band and I understand them leaving, they really needed the time. Josh had became the new drummer, I made most of my songs with him amyway, we got the opportunity to play in a pop music local show, they didn't like our style and kicked us out, I remember them saying because we weren't selling enough that we should just stay out of their way; in our own lane. They had kids try to Pisa on Josh's drums and our merch table....

Stay out of their way? Fuck that? We'll have our own show. Twelve people showed up, Josh was wearing a gorilla suit and I had my skeleton jacket on. It was a pretty care free night. We didn't need to take shit from anyone and Josh's parents noticed how important drumming had become to him, they still didn't like that he listened to the music, him playing was a different story.

We played Ode To Sleep and those twelve people loved it so much.

After that show we played another one out of town and it sold out. We didn't really care about how many shirts or cds were sold. The money didn't matter but the fact that people listened to us, they didn't just hear, they listened and most enjoyed it.

Josh drove me home I fell asleep in his car, it was a smoothie ride. I'm surprised there were no holes. My parents were asleep it was nearly 2am. I figured he should stay over, his eyes were watery and shouting sleep.

"You can sleep in my bed, I'll be on the floor so don't trip over me."

"Alright, aha. Thanks so much Ty."

"No prob." I said as I went to go shower.

I came back with a towel wrapped around my waist only to find Josh in my bed naked. It was pretty hot so I can't blame him for pushing the covers off. He was really hard, in my bed. I didn't know he fucking slept naked. I took my towel off trying not to wake him as I searched for clothes. He coughed and turned my way.

"Tyler? Is that y- fuck..."

"Josh! I'm sorry, I thought you'd be sleeping, I didn't mean to wake you."

He stood up and pulled me in close for a kiss. It got so heated we started moaning. He said I looked cute standing up for our band and how me telling the sellouts off turned him on. I grabbed his waist, I had never thought I'd be doing these things with a guy.

I laid on the bed and pulled Josh toward me, instead he fell on top of me and our bodies pressed against each other. We laughed simultaneously and then for a split second,

"Can I see your eyes?"

" I want to be alive when you see my eyes.."
"Ty don't say that...."

"Sorry." I prayed that the word was heard..

his eyes met mine and we stared for a good five minutes, silence and blank faced. I felt alive...

"Your eyes are so deep."

"Dude same."

I didn't know what to say, no girl has ever adored my eyes. They locked as we continued to feel each other up, fifteen minutes pass and I felt like I had fallen in love.

His lips were soft and tasted like coke, he drinks it too much.

I don't remember much after that, but when I woke up he was laying on top of me in between my legs. I waited until he woke up and kissed him. He got up, showered and left.

I knew what was happening was right..