Chapter Seventeen - World Tour

P.o.v Tyler

Live 105s BAD
Bunbury festival
Osheaga festival
Bonnaroo festival
Lollapalooza festival
Austin city limits festival

and many of our own shows, God I was so happy that Josh had got us signed. we had a really cool tour bus.

"It's a magic television...you push it, and it turns, then it's a mirror."

So many people loved our music and I wanted to meet every single one of them. They're all amazing people with many talents. I got drawings, paintings, letters, poems, photos, stories on how I saved these people; Josh too. Some would even bring their ukulele, play it, ask me to sign or play it...I tuned a lot of ukuleles. many others had tattoos symbolic to their dedication of us. I told them about mine but to never tell anyone else. A promise.

I remember one crowd was pretty rad, after playing doubt for the first time on stage I asked them to get really really quiet...dead silent.

"I'm sorry I'm gone all the time. I love you Mom." and they screamed like crazy. she loved it. aha...

I was playing my piano, not jumping around too much and this guy assaulted someone. We had good security but I stopped the show to make sure he got out of there.

My little Joshy was cute. I sound like his mom! He was playing his drums on top of the crowd. We hadn't came out to the fans yet but I feel like they could tell. Some would chant kiss others would scream Joshler. it took me so long to notice it was our names together.

He was shirtless a lot. Our show in SoCal I couldn't help myself, I started feeling him up and the crowd went crazy. We loved this lifestyle. Music was for us because it was for them. Hearing a stadium of thousands sing your songs word for word, rap for rap, dadadatdadadatda, they were all so cute. the impact was amazing.

I remember being one of them staring at my favorite bands. most of them started early, playing at 8, writing at 12, composing at 14. I was a late bloomer but I'm glad I was here today.

I would wear a ski mask and when I didn't I'd paint my neck and hands black. Josh would wear a ski mask and have red eyes. They were a sign of our insecurities. It's hard to get up in front of people sometimes. We didn't want to be like other bands. They influence us a lot though.

Meeting bands to open for us were nice, we got a lot of them known and it-shirts aalways a pleasure to chill with new people. I still had a lit of anxiety but what can you do.

We had put our grandfather's on our album Vessel and it made them happy to know what we were doing and the love we were spreading in the joy of our music.

Where we're from there's no sun, our hometown's in the dark. Yeah I wanted to be a better brother and a better son but this was what I needed. Josh made it fun. Yeah we made enough money for a house, all the animals we wanted, cars and loooooooads of food. but it wasn't about that. I just needed Josh. most of the time we'd be on the road anyway.

After our last show these fans were really dedicated to standing outside and waiting to meet us. It was 12:30, I just wanted to go back on the bus and go to sleep. that little bed was what I was dying for! But it was cold and they've been out there for hours.

I invited them in although our manager said it was a bad idea. Josh liked the idea.

We were in Canada and this couple both had the X tattoo and I had asked them.

"Hey Josh, look it! What's that tattoo mean to you?"

"We've been to every U.S show, were from Ohio."

"No way!! That's the coolest thing ever!"

I wanted to sleep but I was so fascinated. We had told them about our relationship. They were really open and glad for our bond. The man had a Regional At Best CD and she had a pair of drumsticks Josh hadn't seen since our very first show...she was one of the 12...

She gave them back to him and he couldn't decline.

"Thanks so much!! Our next stop is actually Ohio. What are your transport situations?" Josh had asked.

They were staying with family and called them up and said they weren't coming back. They were only going to be there for one night anyway.

We all shared childhood stories and the love for Ohio. I knew I wanted to write a song about our hometown.

Josh got tired and ventured off to his bunk, I asked them if they'd be fine sleeping on the couches up front. we brought them pillows and blankets.

I thanked them for joining and told them goodnight. I locked the door, came back to Josh and straddled him. He kept kissing me over and over again.

I lover him so much, he had given me the best life I could ask for. I didn't deserve this life but I'm glad it's being spent with him.

We checked on the couple, they were sound asleep. He closed the door and pinned me down.

"I love you baby."

"I love you more Josh." I said while biting his lip.

we laughed a lot and then he kissed my neck and I nibbled his ear. I couldn't wait till we got home. I wanted him so bad.

I fell asleep in his arms and he held me tight. God... I wanted to be in those arms forever.