Chapter Two - Collide

P.o.v Tyler

I had spent every sunday down in the music store. Sunday's are when I feel most suicidal... It was really calm, well to me.

The guy who works there is covered with tattoos. He plays guitar and listens to the same music I do. He's more of teacher than the ones at my new school.

Today was different, I never go in on Tuesday, I hate Tuesday. I needed New vinyl though. As I got there, it was empty and he was blasting Guns N' Roses.

"Hey Tyler, were almost closing, I didn't think you'd come in..sorry, there's a crate of vinyl I picked just for you."

He recommended a Rancid album. I had bought it with no time to hang out, I left.

As I was stepping out I ran into a kid slightly shorter than me but, nonetheless, the same height. He dropped a CD and my drink spilled all over his shirt.

"Oh fuck... I'm so sorry, let me get that."

"It's okay, Tyler...right? The new kid, Are they closed?"

"Uh yeah, just now. Returning?"

"My mom is making me, I got caught coming here. I only come once a week."

"Well I come here daily, I could return it and give you the money."

"No way! Thanks man."

"Yeah, well it was nice running into you uh your name?"

"Joshua Dun. You can call me Josh."

"Riiiight." I started to walk away but he shouted my name.

"Tyler! Do you need a ride?"

I let him give me a ride because I was exhausted and my stomach hurt. I had also felt bad for ruining his shirt.

The entire car ride he kept talking about popular kids he talks to and how the school functions. Then he went on about how we have classes together. I pretended to be interested but I just wanted to get home. He was shirtless and it made me uncomfortable.

"It's this one, thanks I guess. Sorry about the shirt."

"Its fine! Don't feel bad, see you tomorrow?"

"See you around."

He drove off recklessly. I chuckled because the kid in a snapback, a well known, liked person drove me home. He's into NOFX...

I put in the record and blared it as I ate in the living room. Tonight was normal, I wasn't sad, I wasn't writing, crying, searching for something. I didn't feel lost.

I was found in the comfort of being alone in the empty house. No pants, no silence, loud music and food. I finished eating and fell asleep on the couch that night.