Chapter Twenty Two- One Shot

P.o.v Patrick

The kick-off of our tour began. We got to be on the Twenty One Pilots tour bus, I thought ours was better though. Our first stop was Chicago I got to see my Declan. Josh and Tyler are probably the cutest things ever, they were great with kids. They told me Declan looks just like me, except taller. I am so done.

We had done many shows and at every single one you could see the look in their eyes when they stared at each other. It was everywhere. I hopped on the tour bus and screamed with excitement. Pete came with me, we both grabbed a pillow and danced on the couch, Tyler and Josh thought we were crazy. Andy and Joe sat at the breakfast table and laughed.

The tour was great. Even though it wasn't our tour bus, it was our tour so of course pranking the band was a must. We just didn't know how it would happen.

My mom always likes to make me a bunch of pumpkin squares before I go on tour. They're so good. Pete laughs at me for enjoying them but hey a boy's gotta eat.

We got to the stadium where tonight's show would be played. Our stage techs were setting everything up, Josh likes to handle his own drums so he was setting up. Tyler came this way with a strange look on his face.

"Hey Patrick.. Can I ask you something?"

"Anything bubby." I said jokingly.

"This show.. Is it really going to fill up this entire arena?"

I laughed on the inside. Was he serious? Did he not think that 30,000 people would show up?

"Tyler, let me tell you something. You see... You and Josh are married. Fangirls ship you soooo hard, me? I'm a cutiepatootie okay. Don't try me, Andy and Joe are so handsome on stage and Pete? Oh my god... His ass though...Of course this place will be elbow to elbow full."

His eyes got big and his face was surprised. I bet they've played a bigger show.

"Look at Josh! He's missing his stick bag."

"What happened to it?"

"Welllllllll, turn your head and look at Pete." He had it under his shirt and ran off stage. That was only the beginning. Haha.

The show began and Twenty One Pilots opened up for us. The crowd was so happy to see them. Tyler was in a trench coat with a red hat and "Josh" was in a skeleton jacket. He stood up on his drummer chair and the audience screamed. I couldn't help but laugh. It wasn't Josh, it was Andy. Tyler didn't notice until the third song.

Josh came on stage and they played Holding On To You. The crowd was loving it, we figured when he got closer to the end we'd come out. We told the stage techs about what to do and it began.

Entertain my faith

We heard them get to this part as we all had collected beach balls and pumped up.

Entertain my faith

The emotion got stronger and he was getting in to the song.

Entertain my faith!

He got up from the piano and got to center stage. The lights changed, our backdrop came up and we jumped all over the stage

Lean with it, rock with it, when we gonna stop with it, lyrics that mean nothing, we were gifted with thought, is it time to move our feet to an introspective beat, it ain't the speakers that bump hearts, it's our hearts that make the beat.

Josh was doing flips and we were surrounding Tyler and kicked all the beach balls out, they kept coming back to the stage so I was deflecting them so we wouldn't get hit and then I was playing dodgeball with the crowd.

Pete came over to me and said

"Wow Patrick, that's the most physical activity I have EVER seen you do."

He laughed and squinted his eyes of joy as he watched me get frustrated at his dry humor.