Kyoto Trip part 4

The BBs and the girls spend the day buying souvenirs. Then, at night, BBs dip at the hot springs. Seiya had to force a shy Hyoga in because the latter assumed the water would be too hot. Seiya leaps and starts swimming, which annoys the heck out of Ikki. They chat stories such as how Shun claims to have bathed with June. Hyoga notes Shiryu's towel wrapped around his chest to hide his sudden tattoo appearance.

Reminder: homework survey to do.

The weather is sunny all week.

---------------------------------------------

[August 10, Friday - week 2]

Today is the fourth day, and the group spends the day in the city buying souvenirs and eating food at local spots. Some bought so much that additional shopping bags were needed so they could be carried back. But the all-day shopping spree wore them out more than their previous days of the trip, so they returned for dinner and rest in the evening.

 But the all-day shopping spree wore them out more than their previous days of the trip, so they returned for dinner and rest in the evening

However, they decide to use the hot springs first. It's a single super-sized hot spring with a partition divided for gender purposes that is open all day. The girls get to use the hot springs first and spend the evening after dinner. After the girls leave, it's the BBs turn to use them next.

The BBs use the hot springs into the nighttime when everyone else stays in their guestrooms. Therefore, the spring itself is empty just for them.

"Nice! All to ourselves," Shun says, already inside the hot springs, next to Ikki. 

"Of course! It's late at night, plus this hot spring is open at all times, so we're free to stay as we see fit," Shiryu says, also inside the hot springs. His long braids are tied up and held with a hairclip.

"You got that right," Ikki adds, already in the hot springs, sitting next to Shun.

Seiya rushes outdoors, amazed at the sheer size of the hot springs. "Alright! Time to jump in! I've been waiting for this." Seiya then gets a realization spark. "Hold on. We almost forgot somebody."

He rushes back indoors to search for Hyoga. His friends in the hot springs can overhear the shouts from the inside while sweat drops.

"Wait a sec!" Hyoga's voice shouts.

"Come out!" Seiya's voice shouts.

"You don't have to drag me like this."

"But you're not moving..."

Seiya manages to drag Hyoga outside by grabbing his arm. Unlike Seiya, wearing only a towel, Hyoga himself wears a loose yukata plus ponytail. Despite being dragged, he slumps to the ground.

"You didn't have to do this," Hyoga says.

"Why are you so shy for? It's just five of us—the same ones who fought for love and justice. There's no reason to be reserved," Seiya says.

"The water's not too hot, right?"

"It's exactly what it is."

"I suppose, but I will leave if it's too hot."

"Good!" Seiya nods.

Seiya stares at his friend's yukata and flushes.

"Has anyone ever told you how hot you are?"

"Say what?" Hyoga looks up.

"Nothing!" Seiya sweats.

He takes his bewildered friend's hand and leaps into the hot spring. The immense splash manages to wash over Ikki and Shun nearby.

"Dammit! This is NOT a pool!" Ikki huffs.

Ikki gets even more exasperated when he sees Seiya casually swimming in the hot springs. Seiya removed his towel before this. Likewise, Hyoga's yukata slipped off completely as Seiya dragged him into the springs.

"Might as well be..." Seiya says.

"Is this your first time?" Shun asks, starting a chat.

"Come to think of it..."

"I think it brings back memories," Shiryu says.

"Such as..."

"I think we shared the same bath at the mansion before going overseas."

"Really? I don't remember."

"I didn't really care," Ikki says.

"I bathed with June all the time," Shun says.

"Wait, your friend June is a girl, right? You were okay with that?" Seiya's question raises his brow.

"What about it?" Shun asks, confused.

"Wow! Lucky you," Seiya says, slightly flushing.

Ikki notes Shiryu's flushing despite the steam.

"You seem to be blushing."

"No, I'm not," Shiryu denies.

"Then why are you red?" Seiya asks.

"No way I'm telling them the many times I saw Shunrei bathing out in the open. It's embarrassing because I can't let them see me as that guy."

"Drop it!" Shiryu yaps, still flushing.

Hyoga then settles next to Shiryu, sitting on the ground and soaking only his legs. Shiryu has a towel tightly wrapped around his chest.

"Are you covered in a towel?" Hyoga points.

"Seriously, Shiryu! After all the times you've taken off your armor to win many of your fights, NOW you're self-conscious?!" Seiya spouts.

"Wow! I'm surprised you noticed just now."

"For real, Shiryu?" Ikki asks.

"Don't take it the wrong way! It's just that my dragon tattoo appeared all of a sudden. It happened before I got here."

"What's wrong with that?" Shun asks.

"Tattoos are not allowed. It's in the sign I read."

"Really? How come?" Seiya asks.

"I don't know, but I can't risk getting spotted by the staff here, and if we're spotted, we get in trouble. Plus, there are the girls to consider."

"That sucks, but I get it."

An hour or so has passed, and the white, cloudy steam gets even more visible.

"I don't want to be a downer but we ought to get out because my head is spinning," Shun says as he's feeling lightheaded.

"Good idea. Let's drink milk!" Seiya says.

"What does milk have to do with hot springs?" Hyoga asks, confused.

"I dunno. I just happen to know."

"He's not wrong. There are bottled cold milk vending machines nearby," Shiryu adds.

"I'll never understand what goes on in this country." Hyoga shrugs followed by a sigh.

The BBs consume milk from a nearby vending machine (in Shun's case, he drinks dairy-free because he is lactose intolerant). Perhaps the coolness factor of cold milk makes a post-bath appealing. Anyway, they realize tomorrow is the last day of their trip and must return to their room and prepare their goods for a return ride home.

To be continued...