Tanabata Star Festival

Today is the Tanabata Star Festival and Shun decorates the dorm lounge with bamboo plants. He requests his friends to write wishes on strips of paper. Shun looks at them and asks to write again. When his friends ask why he is so serious, he explains someone introduced Tanabata before going to the Kido mansion. He will keep the strips until August 7.

The weather is sunny all week.

This week begins the July chapter.

----------------------------------------------

[July 7, Saturday - week 1]

"Okay, Shun, what's this about?" Seiya asks. He and the others are reunited at the sofa lounge at Shun's request.

"Today is a special day and I want us to celebrate."

"Is it someone's birthday?" Hyoga asks.

"Not quite. I want us to celebrate the Star Festival."

"Star Festival?" Seiya asks, confused.

"Yes! It's called the Tanabata Star Festival."

"Tana-what now?" Seiya sweat drops.

"Basically, it's an event to celebrate a pair of star-crossed lovers who are allowed to reunite on the seventh day of the seventh month."

Suddenly, Seiya breaks out in laughter.

"Okay, Shun, why would we celebrate an event of two random people in love?" Seiya asks between chuckles. "Are we celebrating because you ship them or is it something else?"

Shun sadly sighs, seemingly offended. 

"But why July 7 specifically?" Hyoga asks again.

"I think what Shun is saying has a point," Shiryu says. "I was wondering why today, and it's about those two lovers who only reunite once a year. I heard about it when I was in the Ancient Peaks."

"From your master?" Seiya asks.

"No, from the people in the village."

"What is the Star Festival all about?"

"It's about a pair of lovers known as Orihime and Hikoboshi who are separated by the Milky Way galaxy and allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh month on a lunar calendar. The origins are Chinese, but the Japanese eventually made it their own."

"Ah! I get it now! July is the seventh month, AND today happens to be the seventh. Now it makes sense," Hyoga says. "But the part you mentioned about the Milky Way galaxy, are you implying those two are stars? It doesn't sound like a pair of human lovers to me."

"Yes, they are stars." Shiryu nods. "They go by the names of Vega and Altair."

Seiya folds his arms and looks up as if pensive.

"This rings bells somehow especially Altair."

"Do you know something?" Shiryu asks.

"No, just a feeling I have." He shrugs.

"That's good, but why would you know about this, Shun?" Hyoga asks. "How did you learn about it in the first place?"

"It happened before going to the Kido mansion."

"What? Ikki, do you know about this?" Seiya asks.

"The truth is, I didn't know."

"I was wondering why you were quiet. We assumed you already knew and expected you to explain, but you remained quiet instead."

"I've been with Shun the entire time before going to the mansion, but I didn't know about the Star Festival part."

"Shun, what's the meaning of this? If your brother was beside you the entire time, he should know. How come you know and he doesn't?"