A Letter in the Heat Wave

The BBs receive their train tickets, hotel info, and surprise invitations. All paid by Saori. The boys call Shoko to let her know they're ready. Shoko would then spread the word to the other girls.

Reminder: homework survey to do.

Today's weather is a heat wave.

This week ends the July chapter.

--------------------------------------------

[July 24, Tuesday - week 4]

Summer vacation still continues, and it has been intensified by an ongoing heat wave. The BBs are gathered in the sofa lounge as a result. Many of them wear tank tops and shorts (and, in Shun and Hyoga's case, a ponytail.) A large rotating fan plugged from behind the radio and parked in front of it blows somewhat hot air.

"It's not doing anything..." Seiya complains.

"Better that than nothing at all," Shiryu says.

"We're lucky to find a working fan," Ikki says.

"And we're luckier to find an outlet," Shun adds.

Hyoga doesn't say anything due to passing out.

"What's with this heat wave?" Seiya asks.

"I bet you didn't complain," Ikki says.

"Of course, I did not. I couldn't afford to complain."

"Only in battle we can afford to forget about this."

"You got that right."

Everyone sighs and remains seated. Suddenly, the BBs hear the doorbell ring and a voice saying they have mail. Seiya springs to open the door and receive the mail from the school messenger.

"Is that mail?" Shun asks.

"Yes, it's from..." Seiya flips the envelope and looks at the address. "It's from Saori-san. This must be the letter she said she'd sent!"

The boys perk up right away, forgetting the misery of the heat wave. Their reaction makes Hyoga wake from his passing out.

"Open it, Seiya!" one of them demands.

Seiya opens the large brown envelope with ten roundtrip bullet train tickets and a handwritten letter by Saori herself. Seiya returns to his seat and reads the letter out loud for his friends to hear.

"Hello there, everybody! It's me, Saori-san! I bet you're reading the letter you got from me. As promised, I made arrangements for you and your five female friends for your upcoming Kyoto trip. First and foremost, there are 10 roundtrip tickets for your bullet train commute to Kyoto, plus the reservations at a ryokan close to the station. Simply check in once you arrive. Likewise, you'll check out when you're ready to leave. Also, I throw in some extra invitations to a geisha house. I don't know anything about that, okay! Don't ask questions! Anyway, this set should cover a week's stay of five days, which will happen two weeks from today. This should give you plenty of time to explore what Kyoto offers. Let the girls know ASAP, okay? Alright, see you next Sunday. PS. DO NOT LOSE THOSE TRAIN TICKETS! Signed, Kido Saori."

A chibi face of Saori making a peace sign appears drawn next to her signature.

"Is that her writing?" Shiryu asks, confused.

"I'm not sure!" Seiya sweats.

"This definitely has her feel!" Shun states.

"Doesn't feel like the Athena I know," Ikki says.

"Seiya! Don't forget to call Shoko-san."

"Right! I almost forgot!"

Seiya heads to the phone behind the visitor's counter and sees a taped note with the five girls' phone numbers and birthday dates. Seiya picks up the phone to dial Shoko's number. The phone rings, and Shoko responds.

"Nagakawa residence! Shoko speaking!"

"Shoko-san!"

"Seiya-kun, is that you?"

"Yeah, it's me."

"Thank goodness you called! Listen, did you get her approval?"

"Yes, we did! She even went above and beyond to pay for our roundtrip train tickets, made ryokan reservations, and arranged an appointment at a geisha house. All paid on her dime. I have our train tickets right here."

"No way, for real?! We have yet to meet in person, and Saori-san paid for us, too? She really did go above and beyond!"

"She got so excited when we told her, so she took the initiative to pay for everything. It will happen two weeks from today for a five day stay."

"Five days is more than enough! I gotta alert the other girls ASAP! Thanks a lot for the info, Seiya-kun. We'll see each other soon. Bye-bye!"

Seiya and Shoko hang up. He returns to his seat and joins his friends, enduring the heat wave again. Also, Hyoga passes out again.

To be continued...