Mystery Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day, and Hyoga brings a bouquet of flowers to his room during the day. Saori visits at night.

The weather for today is sunny and cloudy.

-----------------------------------------------

[May 13, Sunday - week 3]

Hyoga sneaks to Shibuya and visits the underground mall. He stops by a flower shop. Plus, he's wearing the same attire he always wore despite having new clothes.

"I wonder if the rumors are true. Is 'Mother's Day' really a thing?"

He glances at the sales sign and reads, "Today's discount is..."

"Welcome!" The shopkeeper greets. "I see you're interested in the promotion."

"Of course I am. Lucky for me, I can afford it because I still have an allowance."

"You're in high school? Then let me recommend certain flowers. Premium ones command high prices."

"Sure! Whatever you recommend is fine by me."

He buys a bouquet of flowers and a vase at the employee's recommendation.

"Thank you for shopping. Please come again." The employee bows.

"Yes, thank you too!"

He exits the mall with the goods in hand.

"Alright! I finally bought them! Now I return to the dorm."

As he approaches the train station, a familiar figure spies on him.

BLING! Sparks bling at the mystery figure's eyes.

Once at the dorm, he sneaks to his room without anyone noticing. He arranges the flowers by placing them in the vase on the nightstand beside his study desk.

"I can't travel, but at least I have this."

He observes the setup and is satisfied with the result. Then, after that's all said and done with dinner, Saori drops by for her weekly visit. Saori sits at the armchair as the boys eagerly observe.

"Saori-san! Welcome!" Seiya greets.

"Just as you're wearing new clothes, I'm wearing new ones too."

"But that's a similar white dress." Hyoga points out.

"Even the slightest change can give a whole new makeover."

"I must agree. Look at Shiryu." Seiya points out.

"Anyway, how were your midterm exams?" Saori asks.

"They were super easy."

"Is that so? I look forward to the results. I believe it's this week."

"Saori-san, what's your take on the situation?" Shun asks.

"Situation?" Saori asks, confused.

One of them explains the teacher abuse that led to student suicide and the teachers' subsequent firing. They also explain that Mitsuru hired new teachers, who will debut tomorrow.

"What happened to that student was beyond horrible. As I've already said, I don't make decisions regarding teacher employment as I don't work for the Board of Education or the school itself. I'm simply aware since the school was founded by my grandfather. Thank goodness Mitsuru took prompt action."

"Saori-san, how well do you know Mitsuru-san?" Shiryu asks.

"I don't know him very well, to be frank. But I met him before enrolling you."

"Is that so? I can't help but think of Gemini Saga whenever I see him," Seiya says.

"The same goes for Kanon when we see our teacher," Hyoga adds.

"Do you think they reincarnated somehow?" Ikki asks.

"That's impossible since both would be babies. Haruka and Mitsuru exist by then."

"I wonder if the teachers Mitsuru-san hired would be like the rest of them," Shun says.

"Given how concerned Mitsuru-san shows, I say they would. He did say about handpicking each teacher and having strict standards. If that's the case, we should be prepared to meet them," Seiya says.

"Even so, we could overreact. We still miss the Gold Saints, after all." Shiryu sighs.

"In any case, you should attend school as normal. Try to control yourselves," Saori says.

To be continued...