Chapter 530 - Witch Clan: Passing Through the White Mist

"The mist is worse than I had imagined. We will get lost if this continued. We had to find the right path quickly." Gragas said with a frown on his face.

The mist was blocking their vision. They couldn't even hear what's happening around them aside from their voices and the flow of water.

"This is a serious matter," Eztein muttered. He only heard it but he didn't expect that it was hard to pass this thick mist.

Amanda looked calm outside but she was anxious and excited at the same time. If they passed this thick mist, they would be able to arrive at the Witch Clan's territory. She dreamed of finding this place countless times and she never thought that a monster would be the one to help her. Her gratitude and loyalty to Souta increased greatly.

Yenxa simply glanced at Souta and didn't say anything. She already realized that she was helpless in this situation but that's not the same for her master.

"Just keep moving forward," Souta said while staring in front. He had a calm expression as this mist didn't bother him at all.

He could entirely feel that the white mist around them was filled with mana and it was the cause of the disruption of their senses.

"Are you sure that this is the right way?" Gragas asked while glancing at Souta. He narrowed his eyes when he saw the confidence in Souta's eyes.

"Absolutely." Souta didn't even look at Gragas. He just kept staring ahead.

"Very well. It seems that you know what you're doing so I will trust you for now." Gragas nodded and he didn't bother Souta anymore.

The small boat kept moving in the middle of the white mist. The white mist only appeared the moment they travel on the river using the boat. So there was a rule to follow if someone wanted to find the Witch Clan. They had to travel on the river as they wouldn't be able to find the Witch Clan if they just walk beside the river banks.

Even if they run throughout the entire riverside they wouldn't find the white mist in the river because of the illusion barrier that was preventing every creature from seeing what was inside the river. It was only blocking the appearance of the river but it didn't block the vision on the other side. So the people could still see and hear what's happening on the other side of the river.

Using a very complicated barrier formation they made it possible.

Time had passed quickly. They didn't even realize that three hours had passed since they've entered the white mist. It was too silent and the eerie vibe in the atmosphere was bone-chilling.

"How many hours had passed since we enter this fog? It feels like I lost my sense of time. Somehow I feel calm." Gragas wondered.

Soon, the silent atmosphere was shattered as sounds of laughter echoed. The laughter of children, adults, and elderly sounded everywhere.

'It's starting. It will only get worse as we are approaching the Witch Clan.' Saya informed him.

Souta nodded and he moved his eyes. He looked at Amanda, Gragas, Eztein, and Yenxa. "Prepare yourself. This white fog is a barrier formation and a high level at that. It will weaken our five senses. It will also produce powerful illusions as we got closer to the Witch Clan."

He slowly explained the barrier formation to them. He recounted to them what Saya said to him about this white fog.

"If you can't handle it just close your eyes and cover your ears. The things that we hear and see are different from each other. Remember my words."

Souta started to hear familiar voices in his ears. Lynn, Lumilia, Bryan, Brando, and everyone that he knew was whispering to his ears. He stayed calm and ignore everything around him.