Chapter 403 - Quest 4

The battle that decided the fate of the Prison World has ended in an overwhelming manner of the prisoners.

Several ships were falling with smoke coming out of it. It took heavy damage and its flight function couldn't handle it anymore. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers perished without even knowing who's the one who killed them.
​​
Right now, the soldiers of the empire were fleeing as every higher-up of their army has died at the enemy's hand. The commanders, generals, and wardens were all dead. No one could command them anymore so they started to panic and run in every direction to survive.

Their morale has plummeted down after they witnessed how their leaders died.

The prisoners' side also suffered heavy casualties as half of the prisoners in the Catastrophe rank prison had died leaving only seventeen thousand prisoners. It was understandable as their opponent's number was several times higher than theirs.

Roar!!

Yuko and the dragon roared loudly that shook the entire sky. Their energy spread out in every direction. They were asserting their superiority over these lowly creatures.

Franklin and Torkez were standing on top of the ships that the prisoners stole. Out of more than fifty ships of the empire, they only managed to take three ships. It's understandable as Yuko focused her attention on destroying all the ships in her field of vision.

These two also showed their powers and everyone recognized them as the most powerful prisoners. One was a real A-rank powerhouse while the other one was a peak B-rank with the power of a parasitic essence eater.

Although they couldn't release their full strength because they just got out of prison and remove the poison from their bodies, they still showed everyone how it means to be a powerhouse.

If they rested and recover their strength, Souta was sure that they could exert more power than what they've shown today.

They were strong and dangerous. That's the reason why they were locked down on the lowest floor of the prison.

But the one that people revered and feared the most was Souta.

The power that he showed this time was simply beyond their imagination. They couldn't comprehend it. It feels like it was the work of a god. Making the whole catastrophe rank prison float that weights several million tons was something they've never seen in their entire life before. They also haven't heard someone who could do it in their homeworld nor someone from the Great Astley Empire.

Souta's eyes were closed while floating around the field. He was gathering the souls of the dead soldiers. He wouldn't let this opportunity slip by to gather a huge amount of souls.

Ohm!

Voices of the souls rung in his head as the earrings sucked them. The number of souls in this place was enormous as some of souls were outside of his skill's range.

The souls that he devoured have surpassed millions. Even Saya was shocked and tried to warn him.

'Souta... It's dangerous. You should keep it for a while. Millions of souls are gone in an instant. It will notice you.' Saya said to him seriously. The thing that Souta was doing was worse than killing millions of people.

'Notice me...? Who?!' Souta narrowed his brows tightly. He didn't have an idea what she was talking about.

'The laws of the universe...' Saya said in a grave tone.

The laws of the universe were the rule of the whole cosmos that everyone followed including the gods. Reincarnation was one of these rules that's why no one could escape the cycle of reincarnation after they died. Souls were included in this cycle and if millions of souls suddenly disappeared, of course, the laws will notice it.