Chapter 500 - Central Continent

"So this is the Earthen Core City?"

Souta muttered while looking at the gigantic wall that reached over fifty meters as he removed the hood on his head.

"Yes, according to the information that we've gathered this is the Earthen Core City. One of the most prosperous cities in the central continent."

A tall woman with beautiful red hair replied to him. She was Amanda Brune, the witch that join his group weeks ago.

"I see... Then, we'll start gathering information in this city." Souta nodded as he walked forward to enter the city.

Amanda looked at the top of the walls one more time before she followed Souta. Just like Souta, it was her first time in the central continent so she didn't know a lot of things here.

She glanced at Souta before turning her eyes on the figure of a little girl that was following him. That little girl was called Yenxa and this girl was strange. Her language was different so she couldn't converse with this girl. Also, the appearance of this girl wasn't normal even for a demi.

Amanda sighed and put those thoughts in the back of her mind before she followed the two.

Entering this city was easy, they just needed to pay one thousand copper coins. So the three entered the city without any problem.

Souta decided to visit the central continent after some contemplation. He decided it because he thought that it would be the best course of action before he took aggressive action against the forces in this land.

In the southern continent, no one knows about his plan except for his trusted comrades and he knew that they wouldn't betray him. He had an insurance after all.

So it means that even if the forces here discovered him they wouldn't be able to find where he came from. It would be close to impossible to link him to the southern continent.

Souta had two reasons why he came here ahead of time. The first was to find the traces of Council of High-World. If he confirmed the existence of council in this world then it would change the rest of his plans. The second was to complete the chain quest that he triggered through Amanda.

He already asked Amanda about the massacre of her clan and she told him everything about it. That's he decided to visit this place first.

[False] Quest 2: According to the information that you've gathered the one responsible for the witch clan is in the central continent. Find the traces of the witch clan in the central continent and you will discover the truth about the incident decades ago.

Reward: 7 skill points, 15 free attribute points, and 50,000 exp

The words "you will discover the truth" sounded in his mind. It seems that there's more to it than what he thought. Amanda thought that what she saw was the truth and she believe it but what if someone cast an illusion spell on her.

After all, she was a child at that time and a simple spell could easily influence her mind.

But 7 skill points... It was harder than he thought. He didn't have any influence on this place so he had to find information manually. Also, if the people responsible for the massacre of witch clan found that some people were digging into the past incidents they wouldn't sit idly and watch him discover the truth. They will undoubtedly come at him with ill intention.

And he didn't want that to happen. He had to first confirm the existence of the council before he took the route of violence.

Souta, Yenxa, and Amanda entered the city. They quickly find an inn and leave their things there before they go out to gather some information. Since Yenxa couldn't converse with humans and demis yet she was left in their room to guard their things.