Chapter 52

I opened the glass door that separated my room and the balcony. The blowing night breeze blew soft white feathers into my room. The large and white wings that caught my attention flapped slightly behind a familiar person.

Why is he here..?

"Alastor... Since when were you here?"

"Not long. Let me see... I think since you entered your room." He said while flapping his wings slowly without looking at me.

The duck? "...That's long."

"Just minutes, not months or years." He said casually, while watching his wings.

I want to pull his hair... Can't you respect the owner of this room by talking while looking into her eyes?

I exhaled heavily and observed Alastor, who was still watching his wings.

Looking at the situation positively, it seems like what's bothering him is more important.

"Is there a problem with your wings?"

My question made Alastor stop his movements. He glanced at me while stepping back.

"...None of your business." He said with a low growl. He covered his face with the back of his hand, trying to block my view of his reddened face.

Oh? What's this?

I approached Alastor, making him step back according to the steps I took. He was shocked when his back hit the balcony barrier.

"I warn you, don't come any closer." Alastor looked nervous as our distance closed.

"I'm just worried, let me check." I raised my hand, about to touch the white wings that looked fluffy.

Alastor grabbed my hand roughly. "Bullshit, don't piss me off."

Ow ow ow! That's hurt!

"I got it I got it! Take your hands off, it hurts!" I screamed.

Alastor released his grip, making me sigh in relief and rub my reddened arm.

That hurts! Hmph! It's better if you lend me your hand as a bottle opener, your grip isn't a joke.

"Sigh... I'm serious this time. What's wrong with your wings?"

Alastor was silent for a moment, then spoke in a small voice. "Not my wing. It's nothing major anyway, just a small wound on my back."

"Huh? Wound? Where? Let me see." I grabbed Alastor's shoulder reflexively, about to turn him over. But Alastor stopped me by holding both of my hands, this time gentler than his grip earlier.

"It's just a small wound, don't be bothered by it. It's not a big deal." He said, a bit embarrassed.

"Did you know? If a small wound is untreated, it can become infected, which can cause serious illness and excruciating pain."

Alastor looked at me strangely. "Since when did you learn strange things like that?"

"Since I started opening health books," I said nonchalantly.

Well, that's common knowledge in my world. Even children know.

I quickly and forcibly turned his body over, exposing his bleeding back. The wings that came out of the strappy design on the back looked as if they could break at any time due to the visible wounds.

"Small wound?" I stared at Alastor in disbelief.

"That's small." Alastor's voice was firm, which could convince anyone who hadn't seen the wound directly.